Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Make & Take at We're Stampin' Mad

Yesterday I went to We're Stampin' Mad in Osseo:


Nope, that's not my SUV...but notice the white stuff on it? My car has it, too. The weather keeps getting warm, cold, warm, cold here in Minnesota, and that means lots of salt on the roads. (No offense to the owner of that vehicle. Mine looks waaay worse. It's impossible to do prevent it this time of year unless you're going to the car wash every day. And who has time for that!)

Anyway, I digress. I met with Jackie, the owner, to plan for a make & take event I'm hosting at the store this Saturday from 10:30 to 3:30. Here's a picture of Jackie:

Isn't she cute? Jackie is amazing and so full of energy! Interestingly, I took my very first stamping class from her, way back in 1995 when I first discovered this amazing hobby. Since then, she's opened Beadbury. It's located right next door, as you probably noticed above.

Jackie's store is crammed with tons of stamps, paper, cardstock, accessories, and other goodies:


And ideas...did I mention ideas? There are samples all over the place. It's a wonderful source of inspiration:


Julie is the store manager, and she's been there for 11 years. (Can you believe it? Wow, I think that's impressive.) If you've got a question about papercrafting, here's your woman:


For those of you who live in the Twin Cities area, please stop by on Saturday to say hello and create a FREE project with me. (And if you can't make it, be sure to check out the store sometime...you'll be glad you did. See those pink signs behind Julie? They've got classes and all kinds of other fun events going on every week.) Hope to see you there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie, it made me laugh to read about the salt "spray" on cars. I live 40 miles out of Chicago and we have that too...plus my car is black! Not very pretty, LOL! What a great looking stamp shop, wish it was closer. If I get up North this year I will be sure to stop in. I'm trying to be good and use what I already have, but seeing some of the new releases means happy shopping real soon!
dr.fine

Michelle Pearson said...

My car looks like that too....I'm from Appleton/Green Bay WI area! That does look like a fun stamp store!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I want to GO to that store!!! WOW! I would have a blast there. Sure hope they carry Inky Antics! LOL!!

And....unfortunately, cars look like that here too!