Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Home From Florida

I'm back from Sunny Clearwater and already missing the beautiful weather there. It was great seeing our repeat customers and meeting new ones. Since this was a one-day show, it went by like a whirlwind. We got to the venue at 8:30 AM on Friday to start setting up. I left to teach my class at 4:00 PM, and then we sent straight into that evening's make & take event:


The StampFest make & take is always busy because it fills to capacity...100 people! Here are some lovely ladies showing off their Inky project:


The show itself was on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and then we took down the booths and loaded up our big truck and cargo van. The Ohio-based part of our crew began their 20-hour drive home that night, but Steve and I didn't leave until Monday. My dad and grandma live near Clearwater, so we stayed with them for an extra day:


Grandma is 97 years old, but I don't think she looks like it. She says her secret is taking vitamins and staying physically active. That reminds me...I should pull out the Centrum and hit the exercise bike today!

5 comments:

Aunt T said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Your Gram certainly does not look her age. She's beautiful and how blessed you are to have her in your life. I received my blog candy today. Thanks so much. I plan to ink it up tonight :)

Teresa

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

What a wonderful generation picture! You will definitely treasure that forever.

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Kathy said...

Your Grandma looks fantastic! My Grandma just turned 92 and she says the same thing - keep busy!

Savor the Journey said...

Wow! What a sweet opportunity to visit. I love the photo of you with your family, Jackie! And thanks for reminding me to get out that box stamp! This is the perfect time of year for window box projects, indeed!

~Tex

~Michelle~ said...

Sounds like a fun convention trip...and how fun to visit grandma too! She's a cutie!!!