Thursday, February 26, 2009

Whooo Knew?

This morning I woke up to find a lovely surprise in my email inbox...my sweet friend Keri Lee Sereika made this adorable card using stamps from our new Groovy Owls collection:

She posted it on her blog today, but I also wanted to show it to you here. Look how she decorated the inside:


Isn't it cool how she placed the button in between the tree branches (stamped twice) to create a border? Such a simple yet ingenious detail that I wouldn't have thought to do myself, but that's the beauty of stamping...everyone sees a stamp's potential differently and executes project ideas with their own twist!

Thanks so much, Ker, for thinking of me and sharing your talented vision with us. :-)

Stamps: 1634G Owliver, 2033G Birthday Hoot, 0434D Tree Branch, 2238J Tree Branch Background
Ink: Blackbird, Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk Ink - Clearsnap
Cardstock: Nautical Blue Light & Dark Prismatics, Simply Smooth White, Red Pepper Columns - Prism Papers
Dies: Scalloped and Classic Square Small Nestabilities - Spellbinders
Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol & Blending Stumps
Other: Ribbon & Buttons