Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What's That Saying?

You've heard that "necessity is the mother of invention." How true! Today's card is a good example:


After cutting out the chick with Nestabilities dies, I wanted to dry emboss the edges...except that one of my embossing pads is in my convention suitcase with the booth and I'd lent the other one to a friend. I thought stitching around the border would be a nice touch, but my sewing machine is at my mom's. So I improvised by using a push pin to punch tiny holes as a border.

Next, I planned to add a pink flower on the sentiment tag. I didn't have that color, however, so I grabbed a cream one and tipped the edges with shimmer chalks instead.

My final touches were applying Diamond Glaze over the egg to give it a shiny finish and stamping the saying "Have an Eggstra Special Easter" inside (unfortunately, both of which you cannot see in the photo, LOL!). Now THOSE items I did have!

Just goes to show you that when Plan A doesn't work, you can always try Plan B, C, or D. Don't you love all the possibilities with stamping?

Stamps: 10750F Chick on Egg, 10743D Sm. Hey Chick, and 10740D Eggstra Special
Ink: Archival Black Ink - Ranger
Printed Paper: PA1344, Pastel Pokey Polka - Darcie's
Cardstock: Simply Smooth White - Prism Papers; Azalea - Paper Accents
Dies: Classic Oval & Scalloped Oval Nestabilities - Spellbinders
Other: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol & Blending Stumps, Pebbles Shimmer Chalks, JudiKins Diamond Glaze, Flower, and Brad

2 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

WAY cute card, Jackie!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Totally cute card J! I love the idea of adding a bit of shimmer chalk to the flower petals!