Friday, April 17, 2009

Dog & Cat Triangle Treat Boxes

While I was designing the 2261S Bunny Maker Clear Set to go with our 10215V Triangle Treat Template, it got me thinking about other critters that would be fun to make. Because we live in a zoo (well, not really...but we do have two dogs and two cats so sometimes I feel like it), canines and felines seemed like a good choice to complement the bunny boxes. Here's the result:


The kitty box reminded me of my dear Rutger, who is sadly no longer with us:


Can you see the resemblance? ;-) He was such a good boy! I still miss him.

But back to the clear stamp set: It contains several elements to decorate the dog and cat boxes, including spots, tabby markings, a kitty tail, and a collar. I've also included two sayings and small objects such as a bone, paw print, and yarn ball so you can create coordinating cards or gift tags. I used the sayings with my Nestabilities dies to make bag labels:


It may seem a bit superfluous to put a gift box in a cello bag, but my intention was to add some crinkle shred. (Except I didn't have any, so I'll need to pick some up this weekend. You get the idea, though.) I think it makes them look even cuter all wrapped up! And you can't really see this in the photos, but I applied Diamond Glaze on the noses, dog's tongue, and collar tags to add dimension.

This new set will be introduced in person at the Adventures In Stamping show in Akron next weekend, but I wanted to give our blog readers the "first look." If you don't live in Ohio or cannot come to the convention, you can order 2321S Dog & Cat Maker Clear Set online and we'll start shipping them in just a few days.

You can also download a .PDF file of these instructions. Stay tuned for more sets to coordinate with the Triangle Treat Template, which will be available in upcoming months. We've got several ideas up our sleeve for this versatile stamp!

4 comments:

Maria Matter said...

OMGosh, these are sooooooo adorable! Oh, I just love 'em Jackie! Always enjoy reading your posts...
have a fab day!
Blessings, Maria

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Jackie, these are just too cute! I can't wait to see the rest of the zoo crew!

wendy vecchi said...

Cute...Really cute.
I can't wait to see you in your new ears!
Happy weekend!
wendy

Savor the Journey said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww, I'm sorry to hear about Rutger!

But I will certainly admit to loving the animal creations with the Triangle Treat Box! Oh what FUN!

~Tex