Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Impressabilities Are Here

We've just received the Spellbinders Impressabilities templates, so I've been busy adding them to our website along with a some of the new Nestabilities die sets. The Impressabilities were released at Winter CHA but didn't start shipping until this month, so I haven't even gotten my hot little hands on them yet. I'll get mine in a couple of weeks when I go to the Akron show. However, you can order yours now...and even combine them with other items to take advantage of this month's special offer for a free bottle of Ultra Clean!

The Impressabilities templates allow you to make cool embossed backgrounds with your die-cutting system, similar to the Cuttlebug embossing folders. Because they're made of very thin metal, you can cut them apart and use only a portion of the design on your project. Or ink up the template to color and deboss your cardstock at the same time. Use them as a stencil, too , and apply color in a reverse pattern. There are sample projects illustrating these techniques on the Spellbinders blog, which you can check out by clicking here.

Spellbinders shows them with their Wizard machine, but I'm going to use my Cuttlebug and layer the "sandwich" like this (stacking from bottom up):

A Plate
B Plate
Tan Embossing Mat
Cardstock
Impressabilities Template
Thin Cardboard Shim (or 3 Pieces Scrap Cardstock)
B Plate

I can't wait to play with them and share some Inky ideas with you!

1 comment:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Can't wait to see your projects. Do you know when my flowers will be shipped? Are they still on BO?