Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Clearly Different

In mid-May, I'm teaching a new class at the Stamping By The Sea convention called Box It, Bag It, Can It. One of the projects is an acetate box, which is made with Clear Cardstock. Since we now have these heavyweight sheets in stock, I thought it would be fun to make a see-through card for today's blog post:


After cutting one in half and scoring it to make an A2 card, I stamped 10038F Star Point Background on the front with StazOn Opaque Ink in Cotton White.

Then I used the oval Nestabilities to die cut my saying, 10230E Time To Slip, from a piece of scrap white cardstock. Next, I die cut a second oval in the next size up from a piece of scrap black cardstock. I matted the saying onto the black oval and adhered it to the inside back panel of the clear card:


As an accent, I die cut two pink scalloped ovals and glued one of them onto the back of the clear card so it was positioned behind the matted saying:


With the same oval dies I used for the matted saying panel, I created a matted image panel for the card front featuring 10289G Slip. You can see how I attached it to the card so it matched up with the saying panel:


The second pink scalloped oval was placed on the inside left side of the card, again so it lined up with the saying panel:


And that's all there is to it. Very simple, yet just a little different from your usual paper cards!

5 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Jackie, this is so cool! I've never made a clear card, but this has inspired me.

Savor the Journey said...

This is gawdjus, Jackie!
Gawdjus indeed!

~Tex

Marie said...

Jackie, everytime you post a new project it cost me money...you are introducing me to things I didn't know I needed! What a great card.

Jackie Lewis said...

Aww, thanks so much, ladies. Marie, it's all part of my evil plan...bwahaha! ;-) Seriously, thought, glad to hear you like it.

Mahmood Ali said...

I like 1st one designed so gorgeously!!!
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Card printing
Plastic Business Cards