Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You're The Cream In My Coffee

I've been putting together class kits for the past couple of days in preparation for the Akron convention this weekend. I hadn't posted since Friday, though, so I took a break this morning and made a sample project with our 10189X Tall Bag Template to display at the show. I started by stamping it twice on a sheet of cardstock:


I cut out the pieces, omitting the optional tab in the handle area. Then I used the Scor-It Board on the dotted lines:


After folding on the scored lines, I turned one piece to the "right side" and added a thin line of Zip Dry Paper Glue to the side tab:


I placed the glued tab underneath the non-tabbed side of the second piece:


I did the same with the remaining tab and closed up the bag. After this photo was taken, I also glued the bottom flaps closed:


With the Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch, I created two strips of decorative trim. First I punched along the entire edge of my patterned paper. (The short side of an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet would be long enough for this project, but I was using 12" x 12" paper. This was easy to do because the punch has printed guides on it, so the punched scallop pattern can be matched up perfectly.) I used my paper trimmer to cut 1/2" from the scallop edge to make the strip. Then I repeated the process for the second strip:


I attached the trim strips to the top and bottom of the bag. The image was stamped with 10858E Cream In Coffee and cut out with an oval Nestabilities die, which I also used to dry emboss the border before adhering it to the front:


Then I put a trial-size packet of coffee in the bag. Later I may also add a candy-dipped plastic spoon to go with it. There you have it...an "instant" gift that's sure to "perk up" someone's day!

5 comments:

Gi Angelo said...

So cute this box!! Congrats Jackie!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

What a fun idea Jackie! I love your box templates.

Gina said...

That's such a cute little gift!

Jennifer Bradley said...

This is great!!! I know several people who could use this gift!

s brokaw said...

love the sentinment