Thursday, May 28, 2009

Grad Gift Card Holder

With four conventions in five weeks, May and early June is our most jam-packed period this year. I'm headed to the airport today and will fly into Cleveland (where our main building is located). Then I'll drive with the gang to this weekend's StampScrapArtTour show in Southfield, MI. On Monday, we'll be back on the road again to the Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, TX. We'll return to Ohio the following Sunday, and I'll fly home on Monday the 8th. Whew!

It will go by quickly, but I'll sure miss "seeing" you here on the blog for a while. I don't have a laptop yet, so that means no posting for me. Here's a speedy project I wanted to share with you now, though:


This clear pillow box is perfect for holding a gift card...that great, one-size-fits-all present favored by grads everywhere. I stamped 1554F Grad Background using Opaque StazOn in Cotton White, and the front panel was decorated with 1562J Congrats Grad. Filled it with paper shred from the dollar store, hid my gift card inside, and voila! Instant gift!

* * *

Wanna win a pack of clear pillow boxes? While I'm out of town, let me know in the comments section of this post how many graduation open houses (if any) you're planning to attend this year. Entries will be accepted until Monday, June 8th, at midnight Central time. One entry per person, with U.S. citizens only for this particular giveaway. After I return in a week and a half, I'll randomly choose the winner that following Tuesday and let you know here.

Please be sure to add your name if you post anonymously (in other words, without signing in) or we won't be able to include you in our drawing. It will be the winners' responsibility to contact me via email no later than June 12th. If I don't hear from the winner, I won't be re-drawing; please remember to come back and check by the deadline.

Good luck, and catch you after the Arlington show!

13 comments:

Woman Undone said...

Yeah, I'm first!!! I will only be attending ONE graduation this year!!! I am a first year preschool teacher and my 18 babies are graduating and leaving me!!!

I already have plenty of tissues on hand, it's going to be a bittersweet celebration.

Michelle/Eliotstamps said...

I have received two graduation announcements and expect one more, but I won't be attending any of the open houses, since all the graduates live quite a distance from me! Your pillow box is adorable. Thanks for a great idea!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Oh My!! I love this project and am saving this idea for next year.

Graduation is already over for us and we had 13!!

Lori said...

Neat idea! Only have to attend one this year, thankfully.

Kathy said...

Just two graduations but I have 5 weddings!

suestamps said...

I will only be attending 1 graduation party, for my niece, this summer. However, I will be busy baking for the party - I am in charge of cookie trays (along with my Mom) for about 100 people! I better get busy baking.

Marie said...

Most of my graduations were last year, more next year. This year I get a break. I will be attending a "get together" in September and this is a great idea for the 3-D swap. Once again you are showing me something I didn't know I needed! Thanks for the great projects.

Rochelle said...

This is a terrific project.
The wheels are turning, I can't wait to get some of these!

Savor the Journey said...

Woooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!
Texas, here IA comes!
Looking forward to having y'all in N. TX once again! Expect a {{{{HUG}}}}!

~Tex

Jessica said...

That is such a cute little project. I just placed my first order last week and am eagerly awaiting my stuff so I can play! ;)

I don't think we'll be attending any graduations this year, which will be kind of nice since June seems to be such a busy month anyway. :)

jmahugger said...

My dd is graduating this year. She has 17 friends that are graduating as well from her
Special Ed program. So we will be attending almost all of her friends open houses, including my daugthers. But lot's of great fun & memories.

Star Spangled Scrappers said...

Only had 1 graduation... but numerous baby showers, birthdays and weddings... so, definitely will use this idea.

It was great seeing y'all in Arlington... always love seeing the booth. I loved the demo with the metallic pastels!

doverdi said...

What a cute idea! I only have 2 graduations (JK & SK)this year but have had 1 new great nieces (My 28th) and 2 new great nephews (May 2nd and June 7th) born recently. My 3 nieces were all due in May. lol These would make cute baby shower gifts too! TFS! Diane