Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Metallic Cream Chalks

Oops, the past couple of days have gotten away from me since I arrived home on Sunday afternoon! Steve and I are leaving tomorrow for this weekend's Ocean City convention, and it's been a push to get everything ready. I'm teaching a new class on Saturday (Box It, Bag It, Can It) in addition to my "regular" one (Inky-active Cards: Surprising Sliders), so that means double the prep in addition to a make & take on Friday night. Whew!

I did take a brief break, though, to play with the brand new Pebbles Metallic Cream Chalks we just got in stock last week:


What a unique formula...they're very soft and creamy yet highly pigmented. Even better, they dry instantly and the color doesn't smear or transfer! They were easy to apply and blend by swiping them onto my paper, just like I did with these butterflies I'd first stamped in VersaMark and embossed with Silver Detail Powder:


This panel made a simple but pretty card:


I also tested out the chalks on paper I'd dry embossed with the Spellbinders Impressabilities in my Cuttlebug. After I dabbed a stipple brush in the one of the chalk pans, I used a firm, swirling motion to apply the color:


I like the way it showed up darker in the crevices and lighter on the smooth parts, and there was a soft sheen that added an elegant appearance:


And, yes, that dimensional butterfly in the upper left is an actual metal piece from the Impressabilities template itself. Next time, I'm going to arrange my own customized design with portions of the template that I've snipped out...but that will have to wait for another day. I'll be back on Monday and will catch up with you again next week!

3 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! Jackie your cards are beautiful! I can tell I am going to "need" to get some of these chalks!

Chelsea said...

gorgeous!!! ... I love the look of these chalks .. normally you can't tell how shimmery things are in pictures ... but oh you can DEFINITELY tell with these ...

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

SO lovely. That butterfly looks so HOT cut from the Impressabilities. Makes sense really with what embellishments can cost (and so many are not equal to how lovely & delicate that butterfly looks!) Thanks for the inspiration! :O)