Friday, May 1, 2009

Party Favor Tins

It seems like April passed by in a flash, and I'm guessing it will probably be the same with May...which means June will be here soon. (Maybe I'm just trying to "rush the season" because I'm eager for summer, LOL.) And you know what happens in June? Yep, graduation open houses!

Wouldn't it be fun to hand out little favor tins like this:


It was super easy to make, too. I stamped and colored 10264E Hooray Owl, and then I cut out the oval and scalloped oval shapes with Nestabilities dies. Then I filled a clear-topped aluminum tin with candy, tied a ribbon around it, and attached the owl panel on top with foam mounting tape. My finishing touch was adding a bit of Diamond Glaze over the owl's eyes. (I've been using Diamond Glaze a lot lately, and I love it! Even better, it's FREE this month with a minimum purchase...check out Inky's May special offer.)

In fact, the first tin came together so quickly that I decided to make another one, this time featuring 10262E Gradulations Bunny:


Yeah, I don't know any schools whose colors are pink and lime green either. But it's such a pretty combination that I figured I'd pretend someone has them!

We don't have anyone in our extended family who is finishing high school or college this year, but these round aluminum tins also make great wedding, birthday, or shower favors.

2 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Jackie, these are both adorable! You can send them to me, I have a PILE now of grad invites to attend.

Crafty Creations by Cindy and Maria said...

This is too cute! I've gotta check out the store :)