Friday, June 12, 2009

CarlaCrafting Again!

Today I made an address book with the CarlaCraft Binding System. I've had several ideas stuck in my head for a while, and this is another one that's now come to life:


Take a peek inside:


One thing I really like about continuous coil binding (as compared to comb- or crimp-style bindings) is that you can fold the cover completely flat underneath the booklet, which I think is a particularly handy feature.

The address book measures 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and I decorated the cover with 0715F Hattie Writes Letters and 10487E Never Far Apart. The plain and scalloped ovals were cut using Nestabilities dies.

If you'd like to make this project, you can download a .PDF file of the inside pages by clicking here. Print one or two sets on 8 1/2" x 11" copy paper in landscape mode, and cut the sheets in half. Sort the half sheets in alphabetical order before binding them together with the covers. Have fun!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Fabulous! Thank you for posting the pdf of the inside pages, too - that;s so sweet of you! I have seen that binding system and I do prefer the coils rather than wires - this might have to be on my birthday list :-)

Kathy said...

Great little book! Thanks so much for the file for the address pages!

Chelsea said...

That is a wonderful book! I could get addicted to making little books like this!