Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dough For You

If you need a speedy solution for wrapping up a gift card, clear pillow boxes may be just the ticket:


They're inexpensive and come together really quickly. For this project, I cut a 4" x 8" piece of patterned cardstock and scored it at 3 3/4" and 7 1/2". The front panel was decorated with 2243J Baguette Chef and 0427D Here's Dough, cut with oval and scalloped oval Nestabilities dies. (Yes, I'm hooked on these things! Honestly, I don't know what I did without them.)

Then I filled the pillow box with crinkle shred from the dollar store to hide my gift card behind the panel. (Okay, this sample made for our convention booth doesn't really have a gift card in it, but of course it's designed to put one in there.) Alternatively, you could fold currency and tuck it inside the shred.

If you don't need to hide the contents, however, you may want to shorten the 4" side of the panel. In other words, this makes a cute package that can also show off what's inside. If you're filling it with candy or other treats, for instance, a 2" x 8" piece of patterned cardstock would look nice...sort of like a "belt" or "belly band" appearance behind the oval die cut. Try it and see what you think!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

cute cute cute ... what a great saying for this!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

SWEET! I love this! I don't know how I keep missing your posts. Very cute!