Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flamingo Triangle Treat Box

If you've visited us at a convention recently, you may have seen this sample in our booth. For those of you who haven't yet been able to see it in person, I thought I'd share it here. To make the project, I started by stamping 10215 Triangle Treat Template twice (one whole piece and just a partial print for the second imprint). Then I cut out the whole piece on the solid lines:


On the "right" side of the whole piece, I stamped 1393F Bird Tracks Background several times. (By the way, all of our background stamps are specifically designed to create an almost "seamless tile" effect when you use them. To do this, I like to start at the bottom of my paper and stamp the entire row from left to right. Then I repeat the process with the second row, starting just above the first, as if I'm "building a brick wall" with my stamped images. I continue adding rows until I reach the top of my paper. For me, it's easier to see where I've previously stamped when I begin at the bottom and progress upward like this.)

On the partial image, I measured about 1/4" inward from the dotted lines and drew pen marks (oops, see my little smudge there on the right?):


I cut on the pen-drawn lines to make a pattern for my flamingo panel. After stamping and coloring 10715G Flossie, I placed my triangle pattern on the upper half of the flamingo and traced along the edges with a pencil:


Next, I cut out my Flossie panel and used a regular ol' black Sharpie marker to define the edges. Then I assembled my triangle treat box (you can find step-by-step instructions here) and adhered Flossie to the front:


So fast and easy! In fact, it took me three times longer to photograph the pictures and write this blog entry than making the box itself. And if you really wanted to get fancy, you could also create a small tag to thread through the ribbon by stamping 10684D Somebirdy (which is the saying "Somebirdy Loves You!"), punching it out with a circle punch and layering it onto a punched scalloped circle.

* * *

Don't forget about our latest round of blog candy. There's still one more day to enter!

1 comment:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Jackie, this is so cool! I love this triangle box and have used it so many times.