Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Coffee & Borders

It's days like today, when I'm feeling a bit draggy from lack of sleep, that I marvel over the wonders of caffeine. ;-) As I've mentioned before, Diet Dr. Pepper is my preferred pick-me-up (I should buy stock in my local distributor, seriously), but coffee is probably the most popular choice. It stimulates the brain like nothing else, LOL! In fact, you probably know someone who would really appreciate this card:


The leaf green layer was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. My favorite part of the card, though, was the double-scalloped edge, which I created with the Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch. I punched the patterned and solid orange cardstocks separately:


Next I stacked the patterned piece over the orange one, lined up the scallops (with the orange part peeking below the patterned part, just until the little circles were no longer showing) , and cut them both at the same time to the size I wanted my finished orange layer to be.

Then I trimmed down the patterned piece one-quarter inch shorter on the top and sides, layered all my pieces (including the stamped image piece, which I'd pre-matted onto leaf green cardstock), and assembled the finished card. The stamped image piece was made with 10601G Coffee Klatch and 10550D Saving The World.

Thank you to my friend Tex for providing the inspiration for this fun card. Here's wishing you all a high-energy week filled with creative ideas!