Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back From Beaver Lake

Yesterday I returned home from an extended weekend retreat in Wisconsin. We had our 3rd Annual Women's Weekend at Beaver Lake Landing:


This is my "adopted" group of sisters, aunts, and cousins whom I've known for years and have graciously included me as part of their family gatherings. You may already have met Jan, who works with Michelle for Art Gone Wild! and is also the moderator for the Stampers Anonymous Yahoo! Group:


Ruthie (pictured top row, third from left in the first photo) has demonstrated and taught classes for both Art Gone Wild! and Inky Antics at several conventions. And Dawn, creator of the original Bunny Triangle Treat Box, was my very first part-time employee about a year after I started Inky:


It was a weekend filled with creative activities. We stamped part of the time. We scrapbooked part of the time. We sewed part of the time (Ruthie's daughter, Jen, is making a pillowcase here):


And the whole time, we just had fun and enjoyed each other's company:


Did I mention that we ate? Yep, there was no shortage of food! We had a recipe exchange, too, and then made cookbooks:


That one belongs to Ruthie. (I didn't finish mine because I was making Inky sample cards instead, but I will get it done at some point!) Didn't hers turn out cute? I love how each person's photo is included on the page, and the pockets will allow us to add recipes in future years. I'm already looking forward to going next summer, LOL!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. Love the recipe book - what a great idea!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Fun pictures! I can tell you all had a blast!