Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Making Samples

Yesterday and today, I worked on making samples for November's display boards, which is a program we offer to our store accounts. (If they purchase a pre-selected bundle pack, they receive a free board containing six projects featuring that month's stamps.)

Thought I'd give you a peek at two of the projects I created. Here's a decorated favor tin with 0032F Monkey Circle and Darcie's PAC1075 Pastel/Brown Stripes patterned cardstock:


I really struggled when I was trying to come up with the layout for this card, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out:

It should probably be called the "embellishment extravaganza" sample because it has quite a few details, LOL! The saying and image pieces were edged with shimmer chalks, and I used Diamond Glaze on the cake frosting. The frosting sprinkles were coated with ultrafine glitter, and Liquid Applique added texture to the cake insides. Then I cut a second birdie and layered him over the original with foam tape. The patterned cardstock is PAC1075 Pastel/Brown Stripes and PAC1310 Presley Lime from Darcie's.

See the little white dots on both monkeys' cheeks? I blogged about that back in April, and it's an accent I've been using quite a bit lately with the Inkssentials White Opaque Pen. So fun!

By the way, if you know a local stamp store that might be interested in our Monthly Sample Board Program, please ask them to email me for details. If they sign up for it and provide your name as a referral at that time, I'll send you a little thank-you goodie!

No comments: