Saturday, September 12, 2009

Monkey See, Monkey Do

As the old saying goes, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Well, then I hope my talented designer friend Debbie Fisher feels very flattered! Recently I needed to make several sample cards (all the same) using 10714G Milo and 10696D Hang Out. I didn't have much time, so I "stamplifted" ideas from an original card she made:


I couldn't find the exact same patterned papers or ribbon, so I substituted with the cardstock I already had on hand (and added white grosgrain ribbon later).

But the patterned cardstock was double-sided, so that presented another dilemma. I just couldn't make up my mind! Which combination to use? Should it be this one, I wondered:


Or this one:


What about a third option:


Or maybe this fourth choice:


In the end, I laid the ribbon across my different draft layouts and took photos of those cards. Then I showed them to Jan and Ruthie to get their opinions. Finally I made a decision.

What did I pick? Hmm, I think I'll ask you to guess in exchange for a chance to win some BLOG CANDY! Sound good? Okay, then...here's what to do:

Leave a note in the comments section of this post telling me which layout you think I ended up using (indicate card #1, 2, 3, or 4, based on the order shown above). I'll accept entries until next Tuesday, September 15th, at midnight Central time. I'll randomly choose the lucky winner on Wednesday morning, who will receive both stamps used in this project.

Remember, if you post anonymously (in other words, without signing in), be sure to add your name or we won't be able to include you in our drawing. It will be the winners' responsibility to contact me via email no later than September 22nd. If we don't hear from a winner, we won't be re-drawing...so please remember to come back and check.

Good luck, and have fun guessing!

12 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I AM very flattered!! I like the second one best. Ü

barb said...

I really like card #2 the best. The great stamping shows the best with the red paper and the solid border.

sue wisniewski said...

I like card #4. I always like to layer stamped images on colored cs then on top of pattern papers. Good job!
stamping sue
stamprsue@aol.com

Sue D said...

I like #2 best so I hope you did too!

d'Dragon said...

I'd go with option #3 - love those colors best, even more than Debbie's, though I hope she wouldn't take offense!

Tammy C. said...

I think you chose card #2. That's the one I would have chosen!!

Thebug415 said...

I really like #3 the best. It really caught my eye the most.

Sally said...

I'm going to chose #1. It has five different papers, and odd numbered items are more pleasing to the eye. Also, the monkey is more vividly colored. I enjoyed meeting you in Westminister this weekend!

Deloris said...

My pick is #4. The colors look very nice together and the ribbon would make them pop out more.

Kimme said...

#4...all the way. I like the polkadot dp on the bottom better it grounds the card and the pattern draws your eye more to the focal image. I also like the more solid dp behind the monkey so that it's not too distracting.

Amber (bambi64) said...

It's a toss up between #3 and #4. But I am going with #4 just because that is how I would have laid out the paper if it was I making the card. It's more pleasing to the eye.

Marie said...

I will guess #1. I always end up going back to my first choice. They are all great. It is okay to "CASE" and I do this often. This was fun! I enjoyed reading everyones reasons for their choices.