Friday, October 9, 2009

Clear Envelope Photo/Card Book

The other day, I was telling my dad about how Steve & I are planning our 2nd annual Halloween party. He asked if I'd take some pictures and send them to him after the event. That got me thinking...why don't I whip up a little photo album that I can put them into? So I did!

I pulled out my pack of Clear Envelopes and cut 1 1/2" x 5 7/8" pieces of patterned cardstock to make reinforced edges for them:


After pulling the self-stick release strip, I adhered my patterned piece along the edge of the first envelope:


Then I turned the envelope over and put adhesive on the back of my second patterned piece, so I could stick that on the reverse side:


I punched holes into the double-reinforced edge with the CarlaCraft Binding System:


Once I had prepared several envelope sleeves, I set them aside. Then I colored 0210J Me 'n Frank using Prismacolor Pencils and blended it with Gamsol. Since some of the areas had a lot of white space to fill, I added a light layer of color in the center of the image in addition to my darker lines around the edges before blending:


I cut four pieces of brown cardstock measuring 5 7/8" x 5 7/8" and glued them together to make two double-ply covers. After punching holes into them, I decorated the front cover with patterned cardstock, ribbon, and my stamped image. Then I put the photo pages in between the covers and assembled the book with a 9mm CarlaCraft Coil in Olive Green:


I slipped a couple of photos from last year's party into the first two pages and glued 3/4" x 5 7/8" pieces of white cardstock on the reinforced edges so I could write photo captions:


The rest of the book is empty for now...but it won't be long before I'm ready to fill it up and send this project on its way!

9 comments:

Thebug415 said...

This is adorable! I love the image, and what a cute little album.

Marie said...

What a great idea! Another use for CarlaCraft Binding. With 7 grandchildren this Photo Album is fantastic. When we all got together last year to make a Gingerbread Village, I sent home photos of their decorating(and eating) adventures. This year a can put the photos in a mini album. THANKS

Tammy C. said...

Great project! I'm ready to run out and buy the clear envelopes now!! Love it! What a quick way to show off the photos in style!

K_dubzzz said...

Very cool idea!

Chelsea said...

that is so smart ... love the idea ... thanks for sharing!

warmheart cards said...

This is so creative...thx for sharing your fab idea.

Jackie Lewis said...

Thank YOU, ladies, for your very kind comments...I sure appreciate hearing from you. :-)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Jackie, this is so clever! This is a great idea and I'm going to make some of these for the senior cross country runners! They can put in their favorite pictures.
TFS!!!

Mahmood Ali said...

You have done a great job i appreciate your hard work...
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Card printing
Plastic Business Cards