Thursday, October 29, 2009

Clear Stamp Set Organizer

Next month, we're having a great clearance sale on our discontinued alphabet clear stamp sets. I started working on that website page this morning, and I got a little sidetracked...which resulted in a project I thought I'd share with you!

As I pulled out my sets from my messy supply drawer, I realized I needed a way to organize them better. So I pulled out some Clear Cardstock, cut them into eight 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" pieces, and punched them on the long edge with the CarlaCraft Binding System:


Then I cut two sheets of blue cardstock, added some patterned paper for the front cover, and punched those:


I decided to add a ribbon closure, so I placed red-lined tape across the front cover:


And I put my ribbon over it. Since the ribbon overlapped one of the binding holes, I used a 1/8" punch so I'd be able to run the coil through it:


After assembling the pages and covers and inserting an 18mm Olive Green coil, I trimmed the coil and crimped it with my pliers. I decorated the cover with 10633J Creative Stamper that had been cut with a Nestabilities Labels Large die:


Here's how the inside looked once I filled the pages with my clear sets:


Seven sets fit comfortably in this organizer. I used the eighth clear cardstock page as a protector for the first set so it wouldn't rub against the paper cover.

Using the 8 mm or 9mm coils, I think this would make a cute presentation for giving a clear set or two as a gift. (Can you believe the holidays are just around the corner!) Or you could make one for yourself with the jumbo coil to hold LOTS of sets. (Maybe all the ones you receive for Christmas, LOL!)

Now I'd better get back to my original task, huh? Details on that clear set sale will be posted online Sunday, so keep your eyes peeled!

6 comments:

Marie said...

I have some of the clear alphabet sets and they are really great. Thanks for another creative idea. I still have to CASE the last 3 or 4 ideas that you posted. I am working on the Card Organizer. I guess your ideas will keep me busy for a long time! I'm glad you got sidetracked.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Great idea Jackie! You are really ROCKing with that coil binder!

pescbrico said...

This is a really great idea! :)

Jackie Lewis said...

I'm glad to hear you liked this one, ladies. Thanks for your kind comments. :-) Yeah, I'm really hooked on my CarlaCraft Binding System. So many things you can do with it...now I just need more time to create!

Zafran ali said...

Nice article, I enjoyed reading.You made a good job...
Plastic Card Printing

Bev Gerard * TexasGrammy said...

Okay Jackie ...
This is just the cutest stamp set organizer I've ever seen ... and the most clever as well!

(((hugs))),
Tex