Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dimensional Candy Card

Yesterday I designed the projects for December's display board, which is a special store program we offer that I'd first told you about last month. I especially like how this one turned out:


The stamp image is 0696F Fido & Fluffy's Heart, and the saying is a new one that hasn't yet been released. I used Darcie's printed cardstock in PAC1328 Verona and WorldWin ColorMates in Light Berry Red.

This unique card features a pull-up goodie bag. I taped Clear Cardstock behind the cut-out heart to make a window, and the ribbons were stapled onto the bag with a Tiny Attacher:


Below is a close-up view from the top of the card. You can see how I layered foam tape along the sides and made a "bag stopper" halfway down the inside:


I didn't cover the edges of the foam tape with anything, but you could use ribbon or even shimmer chalks for a more finished appearance. I think the next time I make this, I'll substitute mini M&Ms...mmm, chocolate!

1 comment:

TexasGrammy said...

This is oh so CUTE, Jackie!
(Quietly loving the M&M's idea ... but it's not on my "okay list"! hahaha Happy to know that someone else actually layers foam tape depending on the 'need'!

(((hugs)))
Tex