Monday, October 26, 2009

Gift Certificate Book

My girlfriend's birthday is coming up, and I thought it would be fun to give her a little booklet of coupons that she can redeem for "chick flick" night, dinner at her favorite restaurant, a pedicure, and other fun activities we can do together.

I stamped and colored 6519L Gift Certificate onto white cardstock several times and decorated each with an image from Med. Cube 10315 Sweet Delights. Then I trimmed them to measure 3" x 5 1/8". For the covers, I cut one 3" x 5 1/8" piece and one 3" x 5 3/4" piece from Darcie's PAC1075 Pastel/Brown Stripes printed cardstock.

On the longer cover piece, I used my Scor-It Board to score at the 5 1/8" and 5 1/4" marks. Then I bound the certificates and covers with the CarlaCraft Binding System and an 8mm white coil. Finally, I folded the scored flap around the right side of the booklet and added a pair of Basic Grey Magnetic Snaps to hold it closed:


I decorated the front cover with 0034G Cake Slice Monkey, which was cut out with a circle Nestabilities die and layered onto the coordinating scalloped circle:


And there you go...instant homemade birthday gift!

4 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what a fun gift! She will love it.

PS: did my cards get there on time?

Thebug415 said...

Very cute. I do love that binding system too. I purchased one from you @ the Hamburg, NY show. I recently used it to make a homemade scrapbook.

Darcie Heater said...

Aw, you're so sweet! How did you know it was my birthday soon? (Oh yeah, we already celebrated it). I don't know how we're going to do the chick flick night when we live 3,000 miles apart, tho. Shoot! LOL! :) Cute idea, Jackie! xoxo Darcie

Jackie Lewis said...

I think you'll have lots of fun with it, Jessica...the CarlaCraft Binding System is such a neat tool! Sure did, Debbie (as you know from my email), and thank you. :-) And, Darcie, you are TOO funny! Wow, three birthdays in one year and yet you never age. You're really on a roll! ;-)