Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sprinkled With Love

We watched a DVD movie the other night, and Steve had ice cream. (Never mind that it's 40 degrees here and it snowed this week...he says that any time is ice cream time!) That got me thinking about our 1 1/2" round aluminum tins. Wouldn't they be cute filled with ice cream toppings to give as a gift? So I rummaged around in my pantry for some sprinkles and chocolate chips:


Then I attached ribbon to the sides of the tins with red-lined tape:


I set those aside and cut a 6 1/2" x 7" piece of clear cardstock to make a box that would hold the tins. On the 6 1/2" side, I used my Scor-It Board to score at 1", 2 3/4", 3 3/4", and 5 1/2":


The blue solid lines show where I cut into the scored marks:


I used StazOn Opaque Ink in Blush Pink to stamp 0670D Solid Heart Background repeatedly:


Then I placed my red-lined tape where indicated in the same diagram from above:


I folded up the box along the score lines, peeled off the release strips on the red-lined tape, and adhered the box together:


After putting the tins inside and tucking in the box flaps (which can be trimmed a bit so they fit in more easily), I was ready to finish decorating my box. I stamped the sundae from Med. Cube 10315 Sweet Delights and 10256D Sprinkled With Love onto scrap white cardstock. The sundae was colored with Prismacolor Pencils and blended with Gamsol.

The image was cut with a circles Nestabilities die, and I cut out the saying free-form with scissors. Then I layered the image with a Nesties scalloped circle die cut from scrap pink cardstock. Again, I cut the matting for the saying tag by hand. Finally, I added a brad to the saying tag and adhered both pieces to the top of the box:


If you'd like to download a PDF copy of the instructions, you can do that by clicking here.

I think this would be a fun project for bath confetti (available here and here) to make a little spa set. Or mini M&Ms to give as party favors. Each tin holds approximately one tablespoon of "stuff." What ideas can you think of?

4 comments:

Gina said...

I agree, it's never too cold for ice cream! This is a really cute idea!

Chelsea said...

This is such a cute little gift set!!! great idea!

Jackie Lewis said...

Thank you, Chelsea and Gina. :-) Great to "see" you both again!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

DH feels the same way about ice cream. Ü

I LOVE this!! Oh my!~ I have got to try this!