Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Vikings Triumph

I'm not really a big sports fan (hah, that's actually a real understatement...although I didn't ask what inning it was like one of my girlfriends did during last night's football game, LOL). But I have to admit that I was pleased when the Minnesota Vikings defeated the Green Bay Packers. Maybe that's because both of Steve's brothers-in-law are from Wisconsin and always tout the virtues of the green and gold. I just have to laugh when they all razz each other about their teams.

We watched the game at a friend's house. (Well, okay...Steve watched and I glanced at the TV from time to time, in between yakking with the ladies about other stuff.) Of course, that meant a food-making opportunity for me! I decided to try this recipe, which looked very "guy friendly" to me:

And it was. I liked it okay, but Steve practically swooned over it, and he said he would definitely request it again. I found the original recipe and above photo on Allrecipes.com, and my adapted version is posted below.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 rotisserie chicken
2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup blue cheese dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)

1 bunch celery, washed and cut into 4-inch pieces
1 8-oz. box chicken-flavored crackers

Remove and shred white meat from rotisserie chicken, reserving remainder of chicken for another use. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and blue cheese dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Transfer the mixture to a slow cooker, and cook on low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.