Thursday, February 11, 2010

Coupon Queen

Remember last month's sneak peek of the Worldly Women? As you know, they're available for ordering on the Inky website now, including 10971MC Worldly Women #2 Clear Set and the corresponding wood mounted versions:


These particular images are a personal favorite of mine because...well, first, I think the Worldly Women stamps are a hoot! I've also been a pretty active coupon clipper for the last couple of years, so I decided to put together an organizer to hold them and Teresa was the perfect lady to decorate the front cover:



The instructions for putting this project together are the same as a card organizer I made last summer, just with a few different measurements. Start with a 10" x 10 1/4" piece of cardstock, and score along the 10" side at the 5" mark. (I used my Scor-It Board to do this.) Turn the sheet ninety degrees, and score again at the 3 1/4" mark. Repeat for twelve more sheets, and continue following the card organizer directions.

Both covers measure 5" x 7", along with the two section dividers (to which I attached a bit of ribbon). You'll want to bind everything together with a 1 1/2" Jumbo Coil so the organizer lies flat when closed.

To create the labels for the categories, print out this PDF file, cut out each category and mat on cardstock if desired, and adhere to the pockets:


If you're looking for coupons to fill it up with (besides the newspaper insert ones), a source I use all the time is Coupons.com. (No affiliation; I just like them.)

Happy savings, stampers! See you again early next week after I get back from the SSAT show in Columbia, SC.


3 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Another clever idea! Love it!

Janet said...

Jackie - it was great seeing you this weekend. I had a blast in Friday's class and am so excited to make my first bow using the bow maker I got as well as the new metallic chalks from today (I'm going to play with those tomorrow). Have a safe trip to your next show and I'll talk to you soon.

Janet said...

I have a question - where do you get all your great paper? I was going through my pictures last night from the tour and saw that you have some great DP on your samples. Thanks