Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sporty Weekend

It's good to try new things once in a while. At least, that's what I told myself when I agreed to go with Steve to a Minnesota Wild hockey game on Saturday evening. Not that I'd anticipated it would be painful or anything, but my interest in sports ranks about the same as my desire to spend an afternoon watching paint dry. Or cleaning out the closet. (Neither of which I've done recently, although the latter probably needs to happen again soon because our closet sure is a mess!)

Okay, maybe I'm making slightly exaggerated comparisons here. It's just that I didn't grow up in a very sports-involved family and never learned to fully appreciate the excitement and action of organized athletics. You know what, though? It turned out to be kind of fun after all. I mean, it was more interesting than I'd expected and I was actually able to follow the game somewhat.

This was a dramatic moment, for instance:


All right, I have no idea what call the referee made, LOL. But, see, I was enjoying myself nonetheless:


And I know we played Philadelphia and won the game, which made 18,000+ fans pretty happy:


Yeah, I guess you could say I've still got a long way to go with my sports education. Oh, speaking of education, on Saturday morning I taught a class at We're Stampin' Mad:


Definitely have to admit I was more in my comfort zone here. The ladies who took this class were really a delightful bunch:


And talk about exciting! Check out Judy's reaction to the confetti-flinging card that Deb had just made:


Isn't she a crack-up? I'm looking forward to teaching there again next month. (By the way, if you live in or around the Twin Cities and you're interested in signing up, you can get more information here and then call the store at 763-425-5080 to register. Please note the date for Inky-Active Cards has been changed to Sunday, March 7th, at 12:30-2:30 PM.)

Just like Judy, I hope your upcoming week is full of fun surprises! :-)

No comments: