Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mr. Stamper

Earlier this evening, I was lamenting to Steve about how it has been a while since I've posted any stamping projects on the blog. (Well, something I'd made myself, that is.) Jokingly I asked if he was interested in creating a card to share with our readers. To my surprise, he said yes!

"Really?" I asked incredulously.

"Sure," he replied.

"Really?" I repeated.

"Why not," he said. "I'll give it a try."

Now this I had to see! So before he could change his mind, I ran downstairs to get the Inky catalog and we started flipping through his choices. He decided on 10973SC BBQ Time Clear Set and got busy coloring right away. He already knew how to blend colored pencils with Gamsol from working with me at some of the conventions:


Once he found the appropriate papers with "guy colors" (his words, not mine), things started coming together:


Steve likes tools, so even though I couldn't offer him anything with an extension cord (I'd forgotten about my electric pencil sharpener, although that probably wouldn't quite count anyway, LOL), at least he could play with the Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, and hand punches:


After quite a bit of coloring, punching, cutting, and assembling, he was finally done:


Here's a close-up:


Not bad for his very first card, wouldn't you say? Heck, I think it's pretty darn good, period! I'm not sure he has discovered a new passion in life, but it was definitely fun to watch my impromptu "guest designer" at work. (Thanks, honey. You rock!)

10 comments:

Gina said...

This is great! great coloring and perfect "guy colors". My hubby will make cards on occasion, but I don't think he would let me photograph him doing it.

tamara davis said...

He did a great job!!! I'm not sure I would have thought to use the smoke bubbles! I think he needs to help you out making holiday cards when the time rolls around.

Gail said...

He did an awesome job!!! He does have a good person as an inspiration too....:-) Tell him to keep it up...we want to see more from him.

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow what a great job he did...
Ana
Huntington Beach CA

Ayana Posadas said...

Nice Work!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what a great card and looks like you have a new DT member. LOL!!

Kathy said...

Great card and I love his "guy colors"

RustyBird said...

I wish my first card had looked so nice!

~Michelle~ said...

whoot! way to go!! looks like you're rubbing off on him!! love it!

Marie said...

Wow what a great card! I especially like the clouds of smoke. How original. I wish I had thought of that. I guess I will have to case this one.