Friday, April 9, 2010

Make & Take at Stamp Garden

Yesterday, Steve and I hosted an Inky make & take event at Stamp Garden. More than 50 ladies (and a couple of guys) attended:


Then they shopped for Inky goodies:


Stamp Garden's proprietor, Dawn, is a very busy woman. In addition to owning the store, she has a full-time "day job." I can't imagine trying to do both myself, but she still always manages to keep a smile on her face:


Here's the card we made:


It features 0240F Flower Mousie and 0226D Sending Love stamps from the new Merry Mousies collection. The image was colored with pencils and blended with Gamsol. After layering the pieces onto the card, we added three accents: an Inkssentials White Opaque Pen was dotted around the scallop to create a faux eyelet effect, pink sparkle was applied to the flower centers with a Spica Glitter Pen, and Ranger Liquid Pearls gave a bit of dimension to the polka dots on the teacup.

Thanks to everyone who came out to join us last night. It was fun to see you there!

2 comments:

Mel Horn said...

Oh I wish I would have known about it. I would have come. (I live in Forest Lake.) Such a cute card!! That's a nice little store too. Still haven't made it over to We're Stampin' Mad yet, but hope to soon.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

What a fun time you all must have had! How cool that a couple of guys showed up too. Ü

It's fun for me to see my cards on display also.