Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mr. Stamper Strikes Again

On Friday nights, many couples go out for dinner and a movie. Yesterday evening, however, Steve and I had a date for stamping. I coerced...um, I mean persuaded him to try his hand at making another card. Being the good sport that he is, he reluctantly...um, I mean enthusiastically agreed. So we pulled out the Gamsol and colored pencils, and he got started:


He chose 10399E Waving Turtle as his main image and used cheery Easter colors that coordinated with the Skinny Pastel Stripes paper from Darcie's that he was using. Then he carefully cut it out:


Next came the ribbon selection. This one was too sheer:


This one was too bright:


This one was just right:


Then he stamped 3340E Egg Background on the card base:


After layering the turtle and 2072F Some-bunny Easter saying and attaching them to his card, he added some flowers as an embellishment. He finished off the turtle's shell with Diamond Glaze:


Oh, and did you notice the little "surprise" element he'd added? Yup, those rabbit ears came from 2062F Peekin' Bunny and fit perfectly behind the turtle's head. Here he showed off his final creation:


(Yikes, as you can see, I need to clean up my stamping area. What a mess!)

This is a close-up of his finished project, which features another fun detail. Can you spot it?


You got it...one of the chalking pom-poms made a great bunny tail. Happy Easter wishes to you from both of us!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the card! He's getting pretty good at this... He may need to start teaching classes! :)

RustyBird said...

Nice card! Did Steve know he was such a creative guy? I love those bunny ears!

foolforstamping said...

Wow I think he needs to keep up the stamping :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

This is so cute!!! I love seeing pictures of Steve stamping. Keep 'em coming. Ü

Very clever using the bunny ears Steve!

Jackie Lewis said...

Hmm, not sure I can "persuade" him on the classes part, Kathy, but he does read all the comments and appreciates receiving them (like I do, too). I keep telling him he's creative, RustyBird, and I'm glad you agree. :-) I also think he should keep at it, foolforstamping and Debbie. Thanks so much for taking the time to write, ladies!

Anonymous said...

Steve, Like I said at the stamp garden when you showed me this on your laptop, the card is very nice. When I got a closer look I really do think you did a great job. You are very creative, keep up the stamping and posting. Thanks.