Friday, June 25, 2010

Spool & Store Ribbon System

Last weekend in Orlando, I was so excited because our Best Craft Spool & Store shipment arrived at the hotel just in time for the show. This is a unique ribbon storage system that a customer recently told me about. I checked it out when we were at the Arlington scrapbook convention and was really impressed. Better yet, once I took it home to play with, I was not disappointed.

It all starts with this nifty little guy:



The Ribbon Spooler allowed me to turn this:


Into this:


It took just a few minutes, and it was easy to do. The "storage system" part comes into play when you store the rolls in these Ribbon Dispensers:


Don't they look pretty all organized by type? Or you could sort them by color, of course. Here's a video by Lou Ann Frei that shows the system in action:


I've made a PDF file with step-by-step instructions if you care to download it and take a look.

We've carried the PullEZ Ribbon Purse for a while now:


But some customers find it too messy looking. And while I still like it, we won't be reordering these after our current inventory is gone. (So if you'd like one to hold your shorter lengths of ribbon, you may want to get it now.)

My next project is to spool up all that ribbon. I'll write another post and show you what it looks like when it's done!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I was at the GASC in Chantilly over the weekend and picked this up at your booth (along with a bunch of other goodies!) and I just love it! Managed to make order out of all my ribbon stash-most of it anyway. Need to get some more tray. Love the Bow-easy too, got all my friends to the booth to buy one it's a must have for crafters!

Jackie Wamhoff said...

So happy to hear that you're pleased with both tools, Karen! And thanks for stopping by the blog to visit. :-)