Thursday, August 26, 2010

More Cooking & Crafting

Have you noticed an "eating and stamping" theme to my posts lately (or maybe just more like "all the time," LOL)? Well, I've got another one for ya!

Do you remember when Becky O'Donnell sent me a collection of recipe cards back in February and last September? I'm a happy girl because she did it again! There were all kinds of tasty-sounding dishes, but of course I especially love the ones she created with Inky stamps.

For example, she used 10829J Sharing Cake for this:


I think it's fun that she customized it by removing one of the cake layers in the lady's hand and coloring it to appear like the actual dessert.

Notice how she added three-dimensional bling to the earrings on 2295J Beverly:


Little touches like that really make a project stand out. And I'd imagine those potatoes are very yummy. Probably calorie-free, too! (Ha.)

I don't have time to make them just yet, though, because I'm leaving for Cleveland this afternoon. I'll stay at Ted and Michelle's house tonight, and we'll be driving bright and early in the morning to the Hamburg show.

If you're planning to attend the convention, please stop by my demo table and mention the secret phrase "Daisy Kit" so you can snag this little goodie just for visiting. See you soon!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Yummy recipes - thanks for sharing them with the rest of us!

Marie O said...

Jackie, it was great to see you again. I have been pracicing my bow making but I can't get the melodic verse quite right. Was it "loosey loopey"?
Steve, the display box that you made for the binding coils is FANTASTIC. Will there be a tutorial? Your stamping and coloring is wonderful. Keep up the good work. Would you be willing to teach a husband's class? I would sign my husband up for that class.

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, ladies! I really enjoyed seeing you, too, Marie. :-) For the Bow-Easy, this is how I remember it: Loose Loop, Left to Right. But, of course, you can use whatever works for you! I'll have to remind Steve to check the blog again. He'll be excited. ;-)