Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bits & Pieces

Did you have a good holiday weekend? I know we're already a couple days past that, but I wanted to let you know what I've been up to. Unfortunately, it hasn't involved much stamping...but it has been filled with lots of Inky stuff!

On Saturday, I followed up on a few helpful tips from Jan and created a Facebook page:


Jan made the Facebook page for Art Gone Wild and thought we might want to have one, too. I appreciated her suggestion and hope you might like to visit us there...and perhaps "like us" if you wish!

By the way, Michelle is hosting a card challenge (with a cool prize pack!) on the AGW page. You can still participate until this Friday at midnight, so please hop over there and join the fun.

My other task on Saturday was to send out the September e-newsletter:


We've just started a NEW feature, called the Project of the Month, especially for e-newsletter subscribers. Each newsletter will contain a link to a PDF document so you can print out a full-color instruction sheet to recreate the Project of the Month.

Our inaugural project was this sweet little Millie Mousie candy matchbook, which has designed by Beverly Gerard:


(If you're not yet signed up to receive our e-newsletter, please register via the box in the right column of this page. Collect each month's project sheet and print 'em out to make your own Inky idea book!)

On Sunday, Steve and I ran some errands, but then on Monday I decided to celebrate Labor Day by doing a little laboring that was way overdue: I cleaned my office/studio. I wish I'd taken "before" photos so you can see how truly scary things were.

Oh, wait...did I really say that? Well, it turns out that I'd done this very thing several weeks ago (back when I'd first intended to clean up). I can't believe I'm actually posting these photos in public, but at least you can laugh at my messiness and hopefully feel a bit superior knowing that your space isn't nearly as bad!

Here's what my desk looked like then:


And this is how it appears now:


To my right, this was the chaotic table:


And how it turned out after tons of straightening:


(Hmm, the sad thing is that I'm not sure you can see much difference. I mean, it's not like the dramatic final reveals on Trading Spaces or anything. But, believe me, it really is a whole lot better in person. Maybe it would help if I added a table skirt. Does anyone know a good seamstress who will work for stamps? LOL!)

To my left, the wall unit didn't change much on the outside (except that now waist-high shelf has been cleaned off):


But I actually sorted inside the drawers, cabinets, and baskets. All the Inky sample cards we keep on file are now neatly organized by theme:


It's a thing of beauty, I tell ya!

Speaking of cards, how about if we have a guessing game with a BLOG CANDY drawing? Okay, here goes...there is a "Turtles & Frogs" divider tab in the basket. Leave a note in the comments section of this post telling me how many cards you think are in that section.

I'll take entries until Monday at midnight Central time. The winner for a "surprise" turtle clear set will be randomly chosen on Tuesday, and I'll post the results here.

One final note: I'm heading for Cleveland tomorrow morning and will be driving with the rest of the gang to the show in Westminster, MD. If you're planning to attend this convention, please stop by my demo table and mention the secret phrase "Daisy Kit" so you can receive this goodie just for visiting.

18 comments:

Eve said...

6? Glad you opened Facebook:-) I'm gonna visit now & will "like it" :-)

Tammy C. said...

How about an even dozen? or a baker's dozen?
Thanks for the chance to win. And, yes, organization IS a thing of beauty!

Thebug415 said...

I am going to go with 15. I need to do some organizing too. Maybe now that school has started I will start...lol. So glad you have a facebook page now. I am a bit of a facebook addict...lol.

Kathy said...

My guess is 9. The Facebook page is great. Love the new project page in the newsletter. And thanks for the before pictures. It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who let's things go for a little while before cleaning up.

Summer Braxton said...

16?

Marie O said...

My guess is 17. I just cleaned up because it was our Lilac Inkers meeting...I had been creating for 3 weeks and every available surface was covered. I really like the project page. When is Steve's next sample?

RustyBird said...

33?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess 41.

Edna R

Deloris said...

My guess is lucky number 7.

I cleaned up my craft room on Monday and unfortunately it's already back to it's normal messy condition after making a big batch of Fall & Halloween cards for Operation Write Home.

Jodi said...

I am going to guess 11.

Nice clean up ~ my room needs that once again....where is the cleaning fairy when you need her?

stamping sue said...

I'm guessing 10.
You sure are organized. my cards are in baggies. I need to get some nice baskets like what you have. stamping sue

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say 13. I didn't know if I had to guess a # that hadn't been picked yet. Love your room, TFS pics of it. My craft room is a total M-E-S-S!!!! Now I don't feel so bad.
Felicia H.
fe_hatfield@yahoo.com

Noelle said...

I will guess 30, TFS!

Sue D said...

I will guess 25 adorable turtle and frog cards.

Gail said...

Ok,my first guers was 25,but simce the person before me said that,I am going to guess 23.

Lorraine said...

Don't know if I can join in (I'm not from up there), but if I can I'll guess 14. Love your turtles.

Elaine Howell said...

Great job on the reorganization! I'm an organization freak and I want to know about your storage cabinet! Is it something you purchased or did you have it made? I'm redoing my studio and it would fit in with my plans nicely.
Thanks,
Elaine Howell
akhowells@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I think there are 18 cards in that section.

Sue
paintpotts@gmail.com