Monday, September 27, 2010

Party Time

On Saturday, we held a picnic open house to celebrate our marriage in May since we'd had a really small wedding. Steve's parents both have six siblings, so he has a large family. His cousin, Bret, asked to have his picture taken with his "new" cousin:


And then he wanted one with his "old" cousin:


(Okay, I added the "new" and "old" parts, LOL!)

We had a ton of food:


(Oh, and did I mention leftovers? My estimation skills when it comes to party planning are clearly lacking, as I think we had enough to feed twice the number of people who were there.)

Besides food, there was also plenty of socializing:


We lucked out because it rained in the morning, but the weather did end up clearing in the afternoon. Although it was a little chilly toward the evening, the sun poked its head through the clouds for most of the time.

I thought you might be especially interested in seeing one of the lovely cards we received:


Yup, this was hand-drawn by Ronnie Walter herself! It's a great rendition of me and Steve, don't you think:


The envelope even had a coordinating seal on the back:


And there was a "perfect" saying on the inside:


Now I think I'll go have some potato salad and cole slaw for lunch. Happy Monday, everyone!

11 comments:

Diane O. said...

Looks like you all had a great time and nice weather too! Love that card!

Cindy said...

You are the best, Jackie. You are so sweet to everyone. Steve's family is lucky to have you join them. Looks like a great party. I love the specialized Ronnie card too - nice! Can't wait to see you back in Chantilly, Virginia next summer!

Michelle /Eliotstamps said...

that is just the cutest card! Congrats again to both of you!

Gina said...

that card is just the cutest, I love it!

Tammy C. said...

That card Ronnie made is amazing! Looks just like you and Steve. Thanks for sharing the picnic pictures and the Ronnie card. Looks like you have plenty of cousins now!

Patricia said...

Jackie,
I first became aquainted with Inky Antics at a convention in Lake Geneve, Wisconsin, in the nineties. How things have changed since then, but you have not. You are truly the sweetest person and deserving of much happiness. I hope you will be teaching again at Stampaway next year. And how awesome to have a work of art from Ronnie herself.

ScrappingBeauty said...

All I can say is "AWWWWW..I love it!"

AShu93 said...

Looks like a great time & the personalized card is fantastic!

Bev Gerard said...

Okay ... I'm thinking that "South" and "Texas" are completely too far from all of the "fun"! Love the sweet pics, and the Ronnie card is fabulous!

~Tex

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Thank you so much for all your kind comments, ladies! Steve and I were touched by everyone's warm wishes. Some days I'm not all that sweet, Cindy and Patricia, LOL...only human, as my husband well knows! ;-)

I do remember those shows back in Lake Geneva, Patricia. The first time we went was my very first convention EVER...boy, we've learned a thing or two since then. And do you recall how HOT it was in the gym that next year? Oh, what memories!

My Friend Ronnie said...

Hey, and thanks guys for the nice comments about the card I made for Jackie and Steve. Some cards just "draw themselves" and this one fell into that category. We had a lovely time at the party and hung with Jackie's delightful cousins and her "little mom". Have a great trip Jackie!
Ronnie