Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday Funnies

The other day, I was flipping through the September issue of Reader's Digest and saw this on the "Last Laugh" page, which made me chuckle:


There are entire websites dedicated to funny signs, product labels, etc. where mistakes in translation produce humorous results. As it happened, Steve and I went to a Korean deli on Friday for dinner and I noticed these items on the menu:


We didn't try the "rice cake with spicy" or the "fried with dumpling," but we did have galbi (marinated and grilled short ribs):


They came with banchan, which are little side dishes typically served at each meal. My mom, who is Korean, never cooked these traditional foods, but I do remember eating several of them at my aunt and uncle's house when I was a kid.

On Saturday, we went to the farmers market and saw an abundance of pumpkins and different kinds of squash everywhere:


This one was particularly unusual, and I especially liked the sign posted on it ("Yes, it's a squash. Yes, it's supposed to look that way. Yes, it's good to eat.):


Steve thought it looked like unshelled peanuts had been glued all over it. Anyway, just wanted to share a little silliness to start off your week!

2 comments:

RustyBird said...

Tee-hee-hee! Thank you!

Jackie Wamhoff said...

My pleasure, RustyBird! :-)