Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Altered Snowman Soup Project

We got back from the Madison show late Sunday night, so I didn't go through our mail until yesterday. But when I did, I found a wonderful treat:


Earlier this month, I'd sent out a few "thank you goodies" randomly to some of our Inky friends who had posted photos on our Facebook page. (I like to do that from time to time...hint, hint.) I always get such a kick out of seeing what people make with our stamps, but I sure wasn't expecting this adorable surprise from Pam Roy!

Take a look at the back:


I asked her about the cool packaging, and here's what she said:

"I went to Walmart a couple days after Halloween, and I found the vials and the holder in the Halloween stuff. It was full of sprinkles. They were originally $5.00 each, and they were 75% off so I got them for $1.25. I bought all that they had. All 19 of them! LOL, I knew that I would do something with them. I just didn't know what at the time. I got the stamp sets that you sent me that same week and it hit me instantly what to do with them. I couldn't resist to make one and send it to you."

Well, I'm sure glad she did! Here's the front of the project with the box flap opened up:


She used one of the images from 10913LC Sweety Snowman #1 Clear Set (also available as a wood mounted stamp, 10628H Sweety's Cocoa) and the main saying from 10936MC Snowman Soup Clear Set (also available as a wood mounted stamp, 5061G Snowman Soup) minus the "complete with stirring stick" line since the peppermints were crushed in two of the vials.

Hope you like it as much as I do (and thanks again, Pam, for sending it and allowing me to share it here)!

3 comments:

Suzanne Schmidt said...

what a great presentation! I just sold 60 packets of inky antics-embellished snowman soup at a craft fair this weekend! it is always my best seller, so thank you for that! :D

Mackbrad said...

Wow that is a really, cute idea and well executed!!!

Chelsea said...

that is such a cute little project!!!