Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall Mousies

I was looking through my card files recently and ran across this cute greeting, which was created by Heather Nichols a while back:


The main image is 10391E Mousie's Pumpkin, which was colored with pencils and blended with Gamsol. The background images are 10400E Three Pumpkins and the zigzag from 10934MC Sew Many Stitches Clear Set. They were stamped with a white pigment pad (such as an Adirondack Pigment Pad in Snow Cap), which was also used to tip the edges of the panel. The sentiment is from 10436H Scarecrow Snacks. Heather stamped only the last line of this saying, which I thought was creative.

And in keeping with the mousie theme, I wanted to show you this fun recipe card that came in this week's mail:


I was so pleasantly surprised that Becky O'Donnell sent this page to add to the collection she's given me, and I'm looking forward to trying out the recipe. This would be a great dish to bring to my brother-in-saw and sister-in-law's house for Thanksgiving since it will probably stay warm during the car ride. And that crisped rice cereal topping sounds interesting and yummy!

I'm curious as to whether YOU are planning to try any new holiday recipes this year? And, if so, what are they for?

3 comments:

Lindsay M. said...

How adorable is that mouse!! On both projects!! I love them!!
Great job!! Sooooo cute!!

Rhonda M. said...

Cute lil guy!! And the recipe looks yummy!!

Marie O said...

Becky is so talented! She is a good cook and a great recipe page designer. I want to put a book of recipes together for my kids, but am lost as to where to start. I think I will have to "CASE" Becky's designs. I am trying a new recipe with BUTTERCUP squash.