Wednesday, February 2, 2011

An Introduction & Phil's Prediction

Oh boy, the past week has sure gone by quickly! I was hoping to post more sneak peeks before and during CHA, but I just plumb ran out of time. The main Inky website will be updated with the new releases in a few days. (Our web guru, Cheryl, predicts she'll have it finished by Sunday at the latest.) In the meantime, I'll have a couple more previews for you.

But first, I wanted to introduce another designer new to the Inky family. Please say hello to Crystal Irwin:


Crystal was born and raised in Virginia but now resides in Doylestown, Ohio. She is a stay-at-home mom with three wonderful children and wife to her husband, Jeff.

I asked Crystal to tell us more about herself:

"A good friend of mine introduced me to scrapbooking about four years ago. I really enjoy making pages of my family and friends. I still continue to scrapbook but not as often since I found stamping. My niece introduced to me to stamping three years ago. Needless to say, I was hooked from then on out. It is something I enjoy and love. I can honestly say it has become my passion.

I was totally thrilled when I was asked to be a designer for Inky Antics. I feel so blessed and honored to be working for such a wonderful company and their products are just amazing."

And what better way to welcome Crystal than with the hope of an early spring? At least that is what we hear from Punxsutawney Phil today, which I'm sure is good news to many of you across the U.S. who have been experiencing some extreme weather lately!

Speaking of that famous groundhog, I love Crystal's "debut card" for us, which features 9933K Groundhog Hollow and 9930F Groundhog's Day:


This close-up shows you how she used Stickles Glitter Glue to the flower centers and a Stardust Glitter Pen to line the tree trunk:


I also think it's cool how Crystal popped up several of the layers with foam tape. (Popped up...isn't that appropriate? Ha ha!)

I can't wait to show you more creations from Crystal and our other fantastic designers soon, so please keep checking back. Happy Groundhog's Day and stay warm, everyone!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

awesome card ... love all of the details! I image is super cute too!

Bev Gerard said...

Hoooooraaaaaaaaaaaay, Crystal!!
This card is just the Q-CUTEST!

~Tex

Jovita said...

Ah Crystal, this card is just too stinkin cute. Great job and I'm looking forward working with you.

True :) said...

Welcome aboard Crystal!
Your groundhog card is adorable girlfriend! :)

Pam S. said...

CONGRATS Crystal!!!! super cute card!
Pam Going Postal