Thursday, April 28, 2011

Box & Bag Blog Hop

In yesterday's post, you saw how Amanda used 10215V Triangle Treat Template Stamp to create a goodie box. Did you know there additional stamps in our Gifts In A Snap Collection? For instance, we've got two template stamps to make boxes and two template stamps to make gift bags:


You can find a sample (and directions) for each box/bag in the right sidebar. But more examples are always better, don't you think? One of our designers, Debbie, suggested we have a blog hop showcasing them...so I asked all of our DT members to choose a template stamp or two and give 'em a whirl.

For my project, I chose 10189X Tall Bag Template. (Step-by-step photos and instructions for this template stamp can be found here.)

I used #1029 Pastel Polka on Yellow printed cardstock from Darcie's as my base. Once the bag was assembled, I wrapped a ribbon around the handle. I placed strips of red-lined tape on a scalloped oval that I'd cut using Nestabilities, and I crossed the ends of the ribbons over the tape:


Then I attached another scalloped oval on top:


After adhering my saying to the scalloped oval, I moved onto the main image. This bag was decorated with 11028MC Monkey HoneyPOP Clear Set. No matter that I didn't use honeycomb paper on my project...these stamp sets also function just like "regular" sets, so they're really versatile.

I colored the stamped monkey square with pencils and blended with Gamsol. Next, I cut out the image and matted it on light green cardstock. Finally, I layered another banana atop the original with a teeny sliver of foam tape before attaching the completed piece on my bag:


I filled a cello bag with banana chips (of course! hee hee) and placed them inside my decorated bag. Here's the finished project:


But, wait, there's more! Actually MUCH more...

We invite you to visit each DT members’ blog and see what they made using the Gifts In A Snap template stamps. Please be sure to leave them feedback about their creations. On Monday, May 2nd, three winners will be drawn at random to receive one of these template stamps. The more you comment, the better your chances are to win. (Limit one comment per blog, please).

Ready to begin? Here we go:

Crystal
Trudy
Michelle
Tex
Jovi
Debbie

Once you're finished, come back and let us know what you thought. The winners’ names will be announced here, so remember to stop back and see if you’ve won. Happy hopping, everyone!

23 comments:

Tini said...

Wow ... these box stamps are so great! Can I buy these here in Germany?
Hugs Tini

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my gosh!
Banana chips (to love ...) for the darling monkey!! Oh so fabby clever!!

~Tex

Susie said...

Your DT did a FABULOUS job on their samples. Love this idea for a stamp - so portable and handy. Makes adorable little gifts.

June Houck said...

Awww, that is so cute!

True :) said...

Jackie,
Your bag is just darling! I'm not just monkeyin' around when I say that either! I'm just bananas over it!

Hugs,
True :D

chillin with Quillin said...

Gorgeouse bag and the banana chips are great idea with the theme!!!!
Paula

jessica said...

This bag is so super cute! I love the templete stamp and the monkey....LOVE IT!
TFS
Jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

K Hutchinson said...

This is super duper adorable! Love it! You are so clever to put banana chips in it!

Thebug415 said...

What a great hop. I really liked seeing all the ways these template stamps can be used. Adorable bag with banana chips too!

Chrisd said...

Jackie,
The hop was great and everyone created such fun projects to share . I have to get some new items from you soon to create new gifts!

Barb said...

What a great blog hop. I am so inspired to use these stamps to create boxes and bags for end of the school year teacher gifts. Thanks for sharing.

StampinCathy said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! The templates are fabulous and would make great gift sets. The DT was amazing with their creative MOJO! Thanks so much for letting me hop along.

Sue D said...

Great blog hop! I like how you can customize these for the gift occasion. The banana chips and monkey box are adorable.

Jovita said...

Jackie your gift bag is wonderful, I really like how you connected the tag.

CheckerBeads said...

Best idea ever! Stamping templates. Great projects- loved the blog hop!

Anne

ScrappingBeauty said...

Loved the hop and the inspiration it gave me! Thx for driving me to view others wnderful works! Now, I hop I win! Lol

Tammy C. said...

Great hop! Love these templates. The DT had some cute ideas. Love your banana chips box.

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments, ladies! Tini, I'm not sure who might carry our stamps in Germany, but we do ship overseas...and the template stamps are on sale in May. :-)

Tini said...

Many Thanks, Jackie, for this information!
Tini

Cotton Bags said...

Great! look at that, very creative and inspiring. i just love those Box & Bag Hop bags. I believe its as well standard.

Canvas Bags said...

The bags are great Box & Bag Hop bags that constantly inspire me in my own work, they don't quite do anything for me fashion wise. Nice bags I like it. Thanks

Tote Cotton Bags said...

Impressive, definitely great material. I am so inspired to use these stamps to create boxes and bags for end of the school year teacher gifts. This blog is absolutely awesome. I bookmarked it but will certainly return again.

Boot Camp Kansas City said...

Awesome Color Combination, and nice idea,
Good work, feel good to see that.