Thursday, April 14, 2011

Springtime Snacks

It's been a while since I've shared recipes, although I have to admit I haven't been cooking as much during the past few months as I'd like. Work has been very busy...but that's a good thing and I'm not complaining!

Recently, though, I received a couple more recipe cards from Becky O'Donnell, and they are definitely making me drool. Check out these yummy-looking mints:

You can click on the photos in this post to see a closeup of each recipe card. The one above features 0606F Turtle Coming and 0040C Sweet Treats (also available in 11031SC Forest Friends #4 Clear Set and 10994MC Cooking Turtle Clear Set, respectively). The turtle was layered with foam tape, and his eyes were coated with Glossy Accents.

These raspberry coconut bars are calling my name! I think I may have to make a batch for Easter:
Becky tied a mini bow around 10321H Ella Rabbit's neck, which was a delightful touch. The side tab was stamped with 0009C Baked With Love (also included in the 10994MC Cooking Turtle Clear Set).

Do YOU have a favorite dish that you'll be making for your holiday dinner (or just as a special springtime treat)? Write your response in the comments section of this post. I'll accept entries until next Monday, April 18th, at midnight Central time. The winner will be randomly chosen on Tuesday morning, and that person will receive 10962LC Recipe Icons Clear Set.

If you take the time to include the actual recipe in your reply, that will count as THREE chances to win instead of one! Remember to come back next week and check for the winner, since it will be that person's responsibility to contact me for the prize. Thanks in advance for playing!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yummy! My favorite side dish at Easter is sweet potatoes with a brown sugar pecan topping that my mother in law makes!

Suzanne :O ) said...

My favorite springtime treat is deviled eggs. For whatever reason, my mom never made them except for Easter when we had all those colored eggs to use up! It's something I always look forward to making now as an adult. :)
Thanks for another chance to win a stamp set, you are so generous! :D

Sue D said...

My 5 yr old granddaughter and I just made Fried Egg candy. They look like bacon and eggs.

Fried Egg Candy

Pretzel Sticks
vanilla (or white chocolate) baking chips
yellow M&M’s

Place pretzel sticks on waxed paper in groups of two, leaving a small space between each. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat vanilla chips at 70% power until melted; stir until smooth. Drop by spoonfuls over each pair of pretzel sticks. For “yolks”, place one or two M&M’s in the center of each “egg”. Allow to harden.

stamping sue said...

My favorite recipe is actually the day after. For easter we make a ham dinner with all the fixings then the next day I make split pea soup. Soak the split peas for hours then in a big pot put in the left over ham bone ... making sure there is still some ham on it...next add soaked peas, water, chicken broth/stock, carrots, garlic clove(this goes in everything I make) and some fresh ground pepper. Off the top of my head think that is it. when it's done you can grate some cheese in each bowl.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/