Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back From Orlando

We've been going to the same conventions for many years now and I always love seeing our Inky friends and customers. Last weekend, I was especially happy to see so many familiar faces! Two of those lovely faces included Nancy and Terri's:


I met these sweet ladies back in 2000, and they were the ones who introduced me to Debbie Gimbel. (As you may know, Debbie is the originator of the colored pencil blending technique using Gamsol. We worked together for many years, and of course we're still huge fans of Gamsol even now!) It was such a treat to see Nancy and Terri and share a few laughs together.

Speaking of laughing together, after the show on Saturday we had dinner at Downtown Disney and then walked around for a while. When we encountered this "unique" silver statue, I asked Lee, Darby, and Michelle to pose for a photo:


What made it so unusual? Here's a clue:


That's right, it was alive. How funny is that? We stood there mesmerized for several minutes as she morphed into various poses with different park guests. Those Disney folks sure know how to entertain. Hope YOU have an entertaining day, as well!

2 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I think I would have freaked out seeing that move! LOL!! Welcome home! I can't wait to meet you for real next month! WOOHOOOO!!

Marie said...

Thinking of taking a short trip this summer. I think you just convinced me where to go. Hope it's not too hot in July. Looks like FUN!