Thursday, June 30, 2011

Binding System Blog Hop

Have you heard of the CarlaCraft Binding System? We've been carrying it for a few years now, and it's a fantastic little invention. A while back, I made this video tutorial showing how easy it is to use:



Just a few simple steps, and you can make your own notebooks. Check out these two I whipped up yesterday evening:



These came together really quickly. Each notebook took less than ten minutes. In fact, that part was much faster than taking photos and writing this post!

Of course, you can use regular cardstock or even thin chipboard for the covers, but I modeled mine after similar projects I found on Etsy utilizing recycled materials.

I'm especially fond of the back covers. The nutrition chart on the cracker notebook, in particular, makes me smile:


Where's the Inky touch? On the inside pages! The stamp images are 10851E Cracker Me Up and 10855E Hiya Cookie:


Besides making all sorts of fun (and handy) notebooks, there are tons of other bound items you can create. You'll find links to several ideas in the right-hand column of this blog. Even better, our Inky designers have been merrily punching pages and inserting coils, working on projects that we think you'll really enjoy!

You're invited to visit each designer's blog and see what they made using the Carla Craft Binding System. Please be sure to leave them feedback about their creations. The more you comment, the better your chances are to win. (Limit one comment per blog, please).

On Monday, July 4th, a lucky winner will be drawn at random to receive his or her very own Carla Craft Binding System prize pack:


Ready to begin? Here we go:

Keri
Michelle
Debbie
Jovi
Crystal
Tex

Once you're finished, please come back here and leave a final comment. Remember to check back on or after the 4th to see if you've won, too. Happy hopping!

25 comments:

Susie said...

Great projects. Love your blog hops.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

awesome!! What a fun idea!

Jovita said...

I like how you recycled your boxes and left them as your cover image, very creative :)

Crystal said...

These are GREAT Jackie, LOVE the boxes for covers....brilliant idea!!!!! Thanks girl for another fun hop :))))

Lena said...

What great ideas! I loved them all and had so much fun on the hop. I never knew I needed ( wanted) a binding machine and now I just have to have one!!!

Kate Block said...

Thanks for all the great ideas!! I LOVE Inky Antic stamps!! I have been looking for a binding system for quite sometime. This one looks easy to use, love the yummy colored rings and it is affordable!! I think my search is over!! Thanks again for a great blog hop!!

Blaire said...

Love your projects Jackie. I met you at the GASC in Arlington and I bought one of these. It is great. I have made more notebooks for my boys than for myself. We have made a Longhorns one for my sons football team, a Lego one for the Lego maniac and a Dr. Seuss Summer Reading Guide notebook. We are having too much fun with it. Just need to buy more coils now ;)

Bev Gerard said...

Oh how fun to make these recycled notebooks!! Totally making me smile with this cute idea!

~Tex

Dee in N.H. said...

You and your team had some fabulous projects! I would love to be able to make my own little books! Thanks for hosting and a chance to win too!

Marie said...

Fantastic and creative ideas from you, Jackie and the DT. I better start checking the recycle box before it goes to the curb!

Trisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha said...

Wow, I am so impressed by all the projects and really want to win this system so that I can make them. Again, thanks for the chance to win. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Chelsea said...

Love the Mrs Fields notebook!!

Brenda said...

Amazing projects by your design team. I love the cracker book! Too fun!!
Bren

Sue D said...

Fabulous blog hop with great ideas on what to make with this product!

Linda Peterson said...

What fun!! Love blog hops and this one is exceptional! I have some of your stamps and they are so fun to use.

Lucy said...

Finished the blog hop. What amazing projects! I must have this binding system. The video shows how easy it is to do. Thanks for the chance :)

Lisa P said...

What a cute idea! I love your book covers. Thanks for sharing

Barbara said...

I am sooo impressed with the creations of your DT. I am inspired!!!! Your notebooks are so charming and I love the covers :) I am so crossing my fingers to win this wonderful binding system. Thanks for offering us the chance. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs

Barbara said...

OOPS forgot to add that I finished the blog hop before adding my comment :)

Barbi said...

Looks like a GreAt binding system with LOTS of color options. Thanks for the chance to win.

Therese K said...

Lots of possibilites for this binding system. Many cute projects!

Stampintonya said...

Great projects and I love the idea of re-purposing what would normally be thrown away!

Lena said...

I just got this is the mail! Im so excited !!!! Im going to use it tonight and post on my blog.

Anonymous said...

I am an African American woman with naturally kinky/coarse hair. I decided to stop using

relaxers over a year ago, furthermore straightening my hair became a difficult task. I could never seem to get the results I was looking for out of a flat iron without going to a professional hair salon and

spending $65.00 a visit. I previously used FHI ceramic flat irons which straightened my hair and then left it frizzy again within the next hour. A hairstylist friend of mines suggested the Babyliss Pro

Titanium irons. I purchased them from Amazon for $70 bucks and received them in about 5 days. "A miracle!!" I can't live without them now. My hair goes from frizzy/kinky to silky/straight/shiny in the blink

of an eye. The best part is that it "STAYS" silky and straight until the next time I need to wash and straighten. No gimmic here. I highly recommend them over chi and fhi.