Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tea Time

Last week I showed you a card made by Marie Oberg in a post that kicked off our HoneyPOP Summer Challenge (which is going through July, by the way...and we'd love to have you play!).

Marie and I started chatting online back in 2009, and I was thrilled to finally meet her in person later that fall. During the past couple of years, I've enjoyed catching up with her from time to time. I was glad to hear that lately she's been participating in some blog challenges and having a great time.

She recently created this lovely card using 1575G Teacup Bouquet:


As you know, it's the details that really make a project special. You can see them better in this close-up view:


Here's the same card but done all "pretty in pink":


How many of those "special details" can you find here? Count 'em up:


Yep, she layered the pansies with foam tape and then put Stickles on them. And, you're right...she also used Diamond Glaze (which is a clear dimensional lacquer similar to Glossy Accents) to give the teacup a "glazed china" effect. Finally, the pale yellow outline done with marker and the gold edging done with a metallic calligraphy-tipped pen were the perfect finishing touches.

Two things I've always admired about Marie in particular are her positive attitude and generous spirit. In one of her notes, she said, "As you probably noticed....I am evolving.....I am learning. My earlier cards are lacking the final touches that make the cards "POP"...See, you're never too old to learn!"

And when she kindly agreed to take close-up photos of these cards especially for our Inky readers, she shared this:

"After I complete my cards, I see things that I could have added or done differently...The exciting part is there is always something new to try...the possibilities are endless. I wish there were more hours in each day so I could create more, but alas there is cooking and cleaning to do."

Haven't we all felt that way? I know it's definitely true for me (well, maybe except for the cleaning part...ha!), and I couldn't have said it better. Thanks so much, Marie, for sharing your beautiful creations with us!

3 comments:

Jovita said...

Both of Marie's creations are absolutely gorgeous, I especially like the pretty in pink one. Thank you Marie for sharing your talent with us.

Tina said...

Thanks Jackie for sharing Marie's work. Both cards are so beautiful! I have now added her to my reader so I won't miss out!

Bev Gerard said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, these beauties speak right to my heart! Marie ... your projects are divine!

~Tex