Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stamping Spaces Blog Hop

I've always enjoyed looking at other people's houses. (In fact, there was a time I'd actually considered becoming a realtor...but I figured "voyeuristic tendencies" probably wasn't one of the best reasons for choosing that particular career path, LOL.)

It's fun seeing at how someone else organizes and decorates their space, and I thought you might enjoy viewing our Inky designers' stamping spaces. So that's what we're doing for this month's blog hop!

Please visit each DT member's blog to peek at their crafting spot, and leave a comment for each designer. The more you comment, the better your chances are to win. (Limit one comment per blog, please).

The blog hop starts today and ends on Sunday, August 28th at midnight Central time. One person’s name will be drawn at random to receive a fun Inky prize pack. We'll announce the results next Monday, so remember to stop back and see if you’ve won.

Ready for the photo tours? Here's our hop order:

Jovi
Crystal
Trudy
Tex
Michelle
Debbie
Keri

Once you're finished, please come back here to see my pictures below and leave a final comment. Happy hopping!

* * *

When I first moved in, my office/studio was in the upstairs guest bedroom. It felt a little cramped in there, but it was okay for a while.

Eventually I wanted to add a work table, so about a year later we brought everything downstairs and I took over the family room:


(We didn't move Bo downstairs. He did that all by himself.)

On the entire left wall of the room, here's the favorite part of my space:


I've shown you this wall system before, which is so handy for storing tons of stuff. In the first cabinet, my 8 1/2" x 11" solid cardstock is organized by color:


There is additional cardstock in the second cabinet, and the third cabinet contains magazines, catalogs, and other literature.

I keep my 12" x 12" solid cardstock in the bottom left drawer:


The other two drawers hold three-dimensional samples and other miscellaneous items.

I've got scissors, adhesives, ink pads, brushes & applicators, chalks & colored pencil sets, and additional supplies in the upper baskets. All of the lower baskets contain Inky sample cards, which are organized by theme:


As you turn the corner to the outside wall, there is a small two-shelf unit:


If you look closely, you might be able to spot HoneyPOP Clear Stamp SetsHoneycomb Paper Pads, and additional Inky clear sets in the upper baskets. Darcie's 12" x 18" patterned cardstock sheets are stacked on the two shelves.

To the right is an inkjet printer, which often features one of our cats draped over it:


Next to the printer is my desk:


I never thought I'd like using two monitors, but Steve insisted I give them a try. It turns out I don't like them...I love them! (Yes, you were right, honey.) Now I can keep two applications or folders open and easily see them both at the same time. I'm not sure whether it speeds up my productivity, but it sure is convenient.

To the right of the desk is a file cabinet. There's a Cuttlebug machine, embossing folders, and several QuicKutz Magnetic Storage Books (with Nestabilities dies inside) plus a white basket holding the CarlaCraft Binding System and coils:


On the ledge against the wall, printed recipe pages are stored in three-ring binders. (I know they're not work related, but you know me and what a foodie I am!) And can you see the Gamsol, blending stumps, and colored pencils right next to them?

Against the right wall is my work table. I use my Spool & Store System for loose ribbon, but I keep bolts and larger spools sorted by color and tucked away in big glass jars:


There's a radio, work light, two photography lights, and (more) cardstock, among other things. You can see the rotary paper cutter partially shown on the right. This is probably the stamping tool I use most often, followed closely by colored pencils & Gamsol and then the Scor-it-All Mini Board.

Finally, as you turn to the fourth wall, you'll see another storage unit. This one is from Ikea, and it's packed to the brim! The white boxes contain embellishments and stamps. The upper pink boxes are filled with supplies and materials for class kits, and the lower pink boxes corral bunches of punches:


(While I'm a big fan of Nestabilities, standard punches are faster when you need to make multiple sets of something. We use punches for our class kits and store monthly board samples.)

And there you have it...the complete tour! Thanks for hopping with us, and I'll see you back on the blog again soon.

35 comments:

Linda Peterson said...

I love your room. Your cat seems to love it too.

True :) said...

I LOVE your crafty space Jackie! I'm going to try to talk hubby out of the family room now! I can blame it on you! LOL!
Your craft area is so spacious and pretty!
Thanks for the fun hop idea!

Hugs,
True :D

Linn said...

great room, but i so love that wall unit :) thanks for sharing it.

CheckerBeads said...

what a fab idea for a blog hop! I love seeing all the crafty spaces.

Anne

stamping sue said...

Your room downstairs is fantastic! I love all the baskets filled with everything. If I had the space that is what I would do.
blog hop was fun to see everyones' storage ideas.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing1

Jovita said...

Jackie thanks for the tour, I just love your great big stamping space with all those pretty baskets. I need to get some of those desktop photography lights! Bo and kitty both look very comfy :)

Michelle Pearson said...

I love your white storage unit with the pretty pink-lined baskets! Love your jars too....it was a rainbow, and I like rainbows!! :) Fun hop,though I did have to CLEAN up just for ya! :D

stampscout said...

Such a great idea to tour the team's stamp spaces! Thanks. Your room is terrific with those white bins and pink lined baskets!

Regina aka Mrs. Ham said...

I love you space. Those baskets are just wonderful. Thanks for the peek into everyones creative spaces.

Elizabeth said...

This is an awesome idea for a blog hop! I am finishing my space and already wishing I had a bigger room! LOL Love your space!http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

lena nunn said...

Im green with envy!!! Oh wait thats just ink on my hands. I am super jelouse though of all these wonderful rooms! Thank you so much for sharing , this was such an awesome hop!!!

Dawnll from Dawn's Craft Place said...

Love the wall unit for sure. But my fav is all the baskets of organizing.
Thanks for sharing .
Everyone was so kind to share their rooms.
Great hop!

Emily said...

Wonderful hop idea! Everyone is so organized :)
Love all of your basket storage!

Deloris said...

What a neat blog hop idea. It's always fun to see how everyone organized their rooms.

Here's some photos of my crafting area:

http://stampingatthelake.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-craft-room.html

Carolyn Sharkas said...

what an absolutely gorgeous space thanks for sharing ceashark at aol dot com

Tex Gerard said...

Just go ahead and color me 'pea green' over that amazing storage wall! Two monitors? Looks like the cat's meow! Must show Ron ... just to convince him that it isn't "just me" ... it's all of us! LOL

~Tex

Lisa Kind said...

I'm going to have to show my DH all these rooms! He thinks I'm crazy and have too much...now he'll see I'm not the only "crazy" one! LOL!!! Great hop! Love this idea!

Anonymous said...

Love your workspace and double monitors!!! I am soooooooooooooo envious!

TFS,
Victoria Merrick
angelicmsn1@aol.com

Debbie T said...

Sure enjoyed your room. Love all the space

Sue D said...

Great idea for a blog hop--I enjoyed seeing everyone's crafting rooms.

jjocarlson said...

What a awesome blog hop. Luv seeing everyone rooms and how they store things.

Hugs
Joyce
jjocarlson@yahoo.com

kathy s said...

I love your space too- and everything coordinates. This has been such a great hop seeing ALL the DT creative spaces has been a fantastic time getting so many ideas -thanks for the ideas and sharing a piece of each of you

Chrisd said...

Thanks Jackie,
This hop theme is so much fun and helpful for everyone to see new ideas.The baskets you have look so nice and neat. I also saw those storage unit/bins at IKEA and it's on my Christmas gift ideas list!

Suzanne :O ) said...

this was such a fun hop, I loved seeing all the storage ideas! thanks for sharing your space, too!

Crystal said...

OOOO Jackie I love your space, looks FABULOUS and such a comfy place...AWWW how cute you have a kitty that loves you so much too :)))))) LOVE LOVE that white cabinet with the baskets, AWESOME!

scraphappy4067 said...

Awesome!....I really enjoyed looking at everyone's spaces!!...my room is still a work in progress....always looking for clever ideas for storage!....thanks again!!

Gayle said...

Great hop, Jackie. Love your wall space and especially your cat!

Sue from Oregon said...

I have had a great time hopping to all the blogs for a good snoop!

Thebug415 said...

I love your pink baskets. Those are so fun, and add a little bit of cuteness to the room too. THanks for this hop...it is fun to see other people's space that they work in.

Tammy C. said...

I am a sucker for organization! LOVED this hop. I got LOTS of ideas from the DT.

Lillian Child said...

LOVE your baskets!!! And some really fabulous ideas from these gals. Terrific idea for a hop!

Barb said...

What a great idea for a blog hop. Each craft space was filled with fabulous ideas that have inspired me to "reorganize" my craft area. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

My stylist recommended this product for my medium to long hair that tends to have some wave and frizz. I

have never had a flat iron, but I can successfully get the smooth, straight look I want in 7 minutes, and my hair is pretty thick. The iron heats up in one minute, and is easy to use because of its slim

design. I would recommend not starting at anything beyond the 35-40 setting to start with or you may really damage your hair. Other than that, this is a great purchase and I'm happy to have it!

Anonymous said...

I have to say this stuff dries and holds the curls in place for great curl

definition. I dont like that my curls were rather dry though. I'd say you must must must use the oil or some sort of moisturizer w/this product if you have thick (curly hair: type 3C) hair like mine.