Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday Surprise

Yesterday Debbie spotted this adorable Inky card on Anna Wight's blog:


She used 10665K In My PJs as her main image, and I love her beautiful coloring. While I use colored pencils blended with Gamsol almost exclusively in my projects, I can sure appreciate other techniques...especially when they turn out as nicely as this.

Anna mentioned how "not everything needs to be evenly blended, or even completely filled in with color." How true!

Notice how she made the lady's eyes blue and added golden yellow around the edges of the image to make it "pop," too:


In her post, Anna said she'd been sorting and organizing her collection when she rediscovered this stamp. Isn't that one of the nice perks about something that might otherwise be a mundane task?

I've been doing some cleaning up myself lately, which prompted me to ask our designers to share photos of their own stashes. Wanna see? Then please join us tomorrow for a different kind of blog hop, where we take virtual tours of our stamping spaces!

2 comments:

Kathy JH said...

Cute card! Looking forward to the blog hop

Bev Gerard said...

Not sure how sweet Anna did it, but I think her coffee gal looks like she's been working out ... and now I'm feeling a little guilty!! LOL

This is divine!

~Tex