Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weekend In Wisconsin

Last Friday, I drove to Cumberland, Wisconsin for our annual women's weekend:


We stay in the same vacation rental home each year, which is called Beaver Lake Landing. This is the beautiful view from the deck in back:


There were plenty of activities at the house. The spa treatments were out of this world:


Okay, I'm joking. Those were the girls' inflatable aliens, which we posed for a photo shoot during one of many moments of silliness.

As for the real activities? Well, Maddy made goof balls with Aunt Jean and shared them with everyone:


The women and older girls watched movies:


And the younger girls created their own bracelets:


Several people worked on scrapbooking projects. Ruthie took a break from making Inky store board samples to get some quilting done, too:


Jan spent quite a while cutting and scoring pieces for class packets that will be used in our HoneyPOP workshops at ScrapFest:


These classes are all sold out, so she had bunches of flowers to punch:


As for me, I was busy cutting up and stamping lots of honeycomb paper:


But I didn't spend the entire weekend indoors! Cumberland has a Rutabaga Festival every year, so we drove into town and paused to admire the combination hot-dog-stand-and-car-wash:


(I've been told that the Angry Wiener was once featured on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, which showcased its namesake hot dog adorned with pepper relish and hot sauce.)

Here's a car that was in the auto show, driving past the craft vendors in the background:


Of course, I had to test out the rutabagas being prepared by these folks:


They were transformed into french fries, which were surprisingly tasty:


And the weekend is never complete without a trip to Bargain Bill's in Rice Lake:


You'll always be surprised by the variety of items in their huge warehouse. For example, they've got tubing...both the plastic kind:


And the sock kind:


Need some chips? Try the poker type:


Or perhaps the potato type:


Jamie modeled this enormous 18" whisk for me:


(I was tempted to buy it, but I resisted...because I rarely cook for a thousand people at once!)

Connected to the main warehouse is a giant craft store:


Oooh, look what I spotted there:


Bargain Bill's will also be receiving the new holiday HoneyPOP products later this week. So if you live in the area, please stop by to see them in person.

And since you've made it this far reading my post, I've got some BLOG CANDY as a little reward! Take a look back at the picture with the punched-out flowers. How many flowers do you think are on the table next to Jan's hands? (You can click on the photo to see a larger version, if you'd like.) Leave a comment with your best guess. One entry per person, please.

We'll take entries through Friday, September 2nd. On Saturday, I'll post the name of the person who was closest to the actual number without going over. That winner will receive their very own Inky class packet, same as the ones that will be used at ScrapFest to make four holiday HoneyPOP cards. Good luck to you!

16 comments:

Joanne S said...

I would guess 700 flowers! Thanks for the chance to win, I love the HoneyPop collection!

Thebug415 said...

I am going to say about 675. Glad you had a great weekend. I was looking for you at the Hamburg, NY show...now I know where you were!

Patti J said...

What a fun post! Thanks for a chance to win! My guess is 744! Hugs :)

Deloris said...

My guess is 627

Anonymous said...

My guess is 502

KellyG

Kathy JH said...

Looks like you had a fun time! Rutabaga fries - hmmm - that actually sounds good! Mt
My guess 458 flowers

Chelsea said...

Looks like a fun time! My guess is 223 flowers!

DawnBeery said...

my guess is 215 flowers

Tammy C. said...

Looks like a fun time. My guess is about 900 flowers. Thanks for the chance to win - LOVE honey pop!

Sue D said...

I am terrible at these guess how many games but i will guess 801.

CheckerBeads said...

I guess 400. And I loved the post!

Anne

Anonymous said...

lets see..umm 364
Ana

stamping sue said...

o.k. my guess is 725. am I close?
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

MaGoooo said...

Looks like a GREAT time was had by all! What FUN!! Hmmmm Cumberland isn't too far from me!! I LOVE Bargain Bills!!

My guess is 946 - will you share a pic of your finished project?? Wondering whats gonna happen with all those little flowers!

Barb said...

My guess is 505. I really liked your post. Sounded like a great time.

Tina said...

That is a lot of flowers! My guess is 847. Enjoyed the post!