Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall HoneyPOP Blog Hop

This month's blog hop features our newest stamp sets and a couple of classic favorites from our HoneyPOP Collection! For a fun twist, I asked each of our designers to make two projects...because more is always better, right?

Actually, we wanted to show you the versatility of the HoneyPOP Clear Sets and Honeycomb Paper Pads. Not only can they be used together for the obvious purpose (to make Honeycomb cards, of course), but they work great as individual products in their own right.

For example, each of the HoneyPOP Clear Sets contains a pattern stamp that is meant to be stamped onto the Honeycomb Paper Pads. You can see the balloon half-shape in this set:


Notice how the set contains a "regular" balloon, as well. So, if you wish, you can make a standard greeting card or other stamped project in addition to a HoneyPOP card!

Likewise, you already know the Honeycomb Paper Pads can be used to create HoneyPOP cards. But there are also lots of other fun projects you can make with them, and you'll see some wonderful examples today!

Each Inky designer received a HoneyPOP Clear Set and coordinating Honeycomb Paper Pad(s), along with my request to use either the stamp set two different ways or the stamp set in a HoneyPOP card and a "surprise" project using the Honeycomb Paper Pad(s) again.

To see what they made, please visit each DT member's blog and leave comments along the way. The more you comment, the better your chances are to win. (Limit one comment per blog, please.)

The blog hop starts today and ends on Sunday, October 2nd at midnight Central time. One person's name will be drawn at random to receive a fun Inky prize pack. We'll announce the results next Monday, so remember to stop back and see if you've won.

Ready to get started? Here's our hop order:

Crystal
Keri
Trudy
Jovi
Debbie

Once you're finished, please come back here to see my projects and leave a final comment. Happy HoneyPOP hopping!

* * *

For this blog hop, I used 11024MC Birthday Elephant HoneyPOP Set. This set is pictured above, and it's one of the top sellers from our original HoneyPOP release.

Darcie's patterned paper in PAC1456 Lollipop Blossoms is such a cheery design, which I thought complemented the elephant nicely:


And, yep, I made sure to include a bright honeycomb balloon on the inside:


I added more dimension by using foam tape to adhere the birthday saying and elephant image, along with a bit of ultrafine glitter and flocking on the hat:


For my second project, I used the same stamp set to make a sticky note holder:


I figured that since an elephant never forgets, I might be able to channel the power of this little guy to help me remember things. I tied a string around my finger ribbon around the pen for added measure. Perhaps I'm overthinking it, but at least the notes will come in handy. (You can find instructions for the holiday versions of this project here.)

Thanks for hopping with us. I hope you found some creative inspiration today!

22 comments:

jessica said...

Love your projects!! This stamp set is too cute and you did an excellent job showcasing them!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

jessica said...

Awesome hop!! so much creativity and inspiration! TFS all your DT's projects...I now have to run out and pick up some honeypop (or maybe hope I win some :)~)

Thanks again!!
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

WhAt a great new set. Love the you included a regular balloon stamp too!

True :) said...

Adorable projects Jackie!
That elephant makes a perfect fit for a list of things to "remember"! The the ribbon reminder too!

Hugs,
True :D

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Great projects Jackie!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Totally cute projects J! I like the sticky note idea! ;)

CheckerBeads said...

love it! the elephant was the first set I got- so cute!

Anne

Jovita said...

I can see why Birthday Elephant is one of top sellers, it's one of my favorite sets also.

Great projects Jackie, I really like the fun bright colors you used on the card and the added dimension inside.

LOVE the sticky note holder with the matching pen, I can see me using a couple of those around the house.

:)

Debbie said...

Very cute gift idea. TFS ;- )

Pat R said...

Darling projects on every page....
One problem....
I need some honeypop now...

Sue D said...

Fabulous blog hop--so many cute ideas and love your elephant card and sticky note holder--so clever.

Shalady88 said...

I've never done a blog-hop before...how much was was that!?!?! Inspirational ideas and such wonderful cards and stuff. It's official. I'm addicted! Thanks for the fun and I look forward to future blogs posts and hops!

Barb said...

Thanks for having this really fun blog hop. It certainly was a great way to see so many adorable and unique uses for honey pop papers.

Crystal said...

FABULOUS creations Jackie, I SOOOO ADORE that set!!!!! Thanks again for such a fun hop hun!!!

stamping sue said...

Your elephant projects are great! I had a lot of fun hopping along to see all the fun projects. Got some fantastic ideas. thanks for sharing.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Nicki-twinklebug said...

Wow!! I love your projects!! I especially like the pop out balloon!!
I completed the hop!! The teams projects were amazing!! I really loved the pop outs but the cupcake was my fav I think...I don't know but all the projects were awesome and I really enjoyed the hop.
Hugs,
nicki

Tina said...

Thanks Jackie for all the creative ideas. I loved every idea on the blog hop! Thanks also for the chance to win!

Irene said...

What a fun stamp set...the card and post-it note holder are both sooo adorable. Great choice on the paper as well!

Wendalyn said...

I just love your project and that stamp set is just adorable...

Tammy C. said...

Great hop, great cards, great ideas! Thanks for sharing everyone.

Baby Balloons said...

Likewise, you already know the Honeycomb Paper Pads can be used to create HoneyPOP cards. But there are also lots of other fun projects you can make with them, and you'll see some wonderful examples today! Wedding Balloons

Anonymous said...

Loved your ideas. I'm having so much fun creating cards with the honeypop collection.