Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Funnies: Shopping

I mentioned that last weekend, while we were at the Mall of America for ScrapFest, we squeezed in some shopping between classes and demos. I hadn't been there in several months, so I got a little excited:


It reminded me of our stamp, 0295F Fun Trying:


I have to say that Steve was a great sport as we dragged him from store to store. This diagram illustrates our very different shopping styles:


Perhaps he wasn't sticking with us to be nice, but instead because he was afraid:

We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.
-Henny Youngman

At least he didn't feel the need to cause any serious mischief, like this lady's husband (click on image to enlarge):


Then the inevitable happened:
I'm joking, of course. That's 0337F Miss Him, which is one of our customers' favorite stamps in our convention booth.

Actually, shopping at the mall can really tire me out! I must not be preparing properly:


In fact, I'm more of an online shopper myself, like this couple:


Here are a few shopping jokes I ran across:

A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family.
She asked a stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?"
The stock boy replied, "No ma'am, they're dead."

* * *

Customer: May I try on that dress in the window, please?
Clerk: No, ma'am. You'll have to use the fitting room like everyone else.

* * *

A teenage girl was shopping at the mall and stopped at the perfume counter. She examined the different bottles: “My Sin,” “Desire,” and “Ecstasy”. She said to the salesperson, “I don't want to get emotionally involved...I just want to smell nice.”

* * *

In closing, I'll leave you with these humorous words from 10022E Retail Therapy:

3 comments:

Marie said...

I am going to shop

"Cash, check or charge?" I asked after folding items the woman wished to purchase. As she fumbled for her wallet I notice a remote control for a television set in her purse. 

"Do you always carry your TV remote?" I asked. 

"No," she replied. "But my husband refused to come shopping with me, so I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him." 

Chelsea said...

ThOde are hilarious! Thanks for brightening my day!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

thank you! I so needed to laugh today.