Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Funny: Cookies

On Wednesday evening, I had a sudden, overwhelming urge to bake cookies. I need cookies like a hole in the head, as my grandpa used to say. But I gave into the temptation anyway and whipped up a batch of Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies:


I'd saved the recipe from The Pioneer Woman's website, which you can find here. Mmm, they turned out yummy...both crispy and chewy at the same time, with lots of butter and chocolate chips. Who can resist butter and chocolate chips, right?

If you decide to make these, you might want to consider cutting the recipe in half (unless you have a huge crowd to feed, that is). I'm not sure what kind of monster cookie scoop PW was using, but mine is teaspoon-sized and that batch of dough yielded way more than three dozen cookies.

Not that I'm complaining. These cookies are very thin, and everyone knows the calories leach out of thin cookies and remain on the plate. That's what I've heard, anyway. Plus, they're practically weight reducing if you drink diet water with them:


I'm joking, of course. But that photo cracked me up. The original caption says: "Half the fat and calories of regular water! (contains artificial water flavoring)" Hah!

Here's a funny cooking anecdote I found on ReadersDigest.com, submitted by Debbie Deerwester:

While I was making a huge batch of snickerdoodle cookies, I asked my ten-year-old to read the recipe and ingredients off the box to me, doubling them as he went along. He did as he was told. His first instruction: "Preheat the oven to 700 degrees."

I also like this cute story from jokes4all.net:

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted it on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching."

Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note: "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."

And, finally, a bit of humor from a fortune cookie:


Hope your weekend is filled with sweet treats and good fortune, Inky friends!

1 comment:

True :) said...

Fun!
I want your coooookies!

Have a great weekend my friend!

Hugs,
True :D