Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Funnies

While we were enjoying our rutabaga fries in Cumberland last weekend, I spotted this sign:


And as long as we're talking about chickens, have you ever wondered why the chicken really crossed the road? Here are a few possbilities:

Aristotle:
It is the nature of chickens to cross roads.

Roseanne Barr:
Urrrrrp. What chicken?

Bill the Cat:
Oops. Ack. Ppthpt.

Caesar:
To come, to see, to conquer.

Salvador Dali:
The fish.

Emily Dickinson:
Because it could not stop for death.

Bob Dylan:
How many roads must one chicken cross?

Sigmund Freud:
The chicken was obviously female and interpreted the pole on which the crosswalk sign was mounted as a phallic symbol of which she was envious.

Robert Frost:
To cross the road less traveled by.

Bill Gates:
I have just released the new Chicken Office 2000, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your check book.

Grandpa:
In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone told us that the chicken had crossed the road, and that was good enough for us.

Ernest Hemingway:
To die. In the rain.

Lee Iacocca:
It found a better car, which was on the other side of the road.

John Paul Jones:
It has not yet begun to cross!

Martin Luther King, Jr.:
I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.

Captain James T. Kirk:
To boldly go where no chicken has gone before.

Fox Mulder:
You saw it cross the road with your own eyes. How many more chickens have to cross the road before you believe it?

Richard M. Nixon:
The chicken did not cross the road. I repeat, the chicken did NOT cross the road.

Plato:
For the greater good.

Colonel Sanders:
I missed one?

Jerry Seinfeld:
Why does anyone cross a road? I mean, why doesn't anyone ever think to ask, What the heck was this chicken doing walking around all over the place, anyway?

The Sphinx:
You tell me.

Mae West:
I invited it to come up and see me sometime.

* * *

Happy Friday...from one chick to another!

4 comments:

True :) said...

LOL! Thanks for the cluckle...ahem...I mean chuckle! ;)

Hugs,
True :D

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! This is hysterical!!! I absolutely love it!!!!

PS I am not anonymous! My name is Theresa!

Chelsea said...

You make me laugh chick ... Thanks!

Tammy C. said...

"from one chick to another" is my favorite inky set! I use it all the time. Thanks for the good laugh this morning!