Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Funnies: Dogs & Cats

Last night I saw a TV commercial for Match.com. They said that one in five relationships start online & more of them start with their dating service. Do you believe their claims?

Well, it's certainly true for Steve and me. Even though we were living only eight miles from each other, I doubt our paths would have ever crossed without some kind of cyber-introduction. Isn't technology grand?

Anyway, it got me thinking about my profile back then:


My introduction had included a hilarious perspective from the viewpoint of a dog. In fact, it almost seemed written specifically about our own Bo:


Excerpt from a dog's diary:

DAY 180
8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE!
10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!
11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
12:00 noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
1:00 pm OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE!
4:00 pm - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!
5:00 pm - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!
5:30 pm - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

Cats, on the other hand, are an entirely different matter. For example, Oscar typically just hangs out and does his own thing:


Excerpt from a cat's diary:

DAY 752 - My captors continue to torment me with bizarre, dangling objects. The eat lavish meals in my presence while I am forced to subsist on dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of eventual escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from occasionally ruining a piece of furniture. Today I ate a houseplant; tomorrow I may eat another.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant because he speaks with the humans regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured. But I can wait; it is only a matter of time...

* * *

Hope YOU have a pawsitively great weekend, Inky friends!

1 comment:

Irene said...

Too funny...love the cat's perspective. I can only imagine what is running through my older cat's mind upon the introduction of a kitten...